Morimoto Miami huh? So says Craigslist
Iron Chef allegedly opening sushi spot at Shelborne
Posted two days ago on Craigslist (hat tip to The Chowfather and Hannah Sentenac at Miami New Times) was the following ad:
Morimoto Miami is looking for Executive Chef, Head Sushi Chef (Miami)
Iron Chef Morimoto will be opening in South Beach and operating all the F&B at the newly renovated Shelborne Wyndham Grand Hotel. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing global restaurant group.
We are looking for Executive Chef and Head Sushi Chef (and sushi chefs at all levels) at Morimoto Miami.
Please reply with cover letter summarizing your qualifications, resume, and salary history in the body of your email (no attachments).
- Location: Miami
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests
A rep for the Shelborne told us that "It is correct that Morimoto will be opening Morimoto South Beach at the Shelborne Wyndham Grand when the resort re-launches early 2014."
We guess the sushi joint at the Shelborne opened by Kardashian appendage Jonathan Cheban didn't work out so well. Currently, Morimoto only operates a restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort & Club that is open only to hotel guests. To apply to this ad, click here.
1801 Collins Ave.
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down