Morimoto Miami huh? So says Craigslist
Iron Chef allegedly opening sushi spot at Shelborne
Posted two days ago on Craigslist (hat tip to The Chowfather and Hannah Sentenac at Miami New Times) was the following ad:
Morimoto Miami is looking for Executive Chef, Head Sushi Chef (Miami)
Iron Chef Morimoto will be opening in South Beach and operating all the F&B at the newly renovated Shelborne Wyndham Grand Hotel. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing global restaurant group.
We are looking for Executive Chef and Head Sushi Chef (and sushi chefs at all levels) at Morimoto Miami.
Please reply with cover letter summarizing your qualifications, resume, and salary history in the body of your email (no attachments).
- Location: Miami
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests
A rep for the Shelborne told us that "It is correct that Morimoto will be opening Morimoto South Beach at the Shelborne Wyndham Grand when the resort re-launches early 2014."
We guess the sushi joint at the Shelborne opened by Kardashian appendage Jonathan Cheban didn't work out so well. Currently, Morimoto only operates a restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort & Club that is open only to hotel guests. To apply to this ad, click here.
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood