Morimoto Miami huh? So says Craigslist
Iron Chef allegedly opening sushi spot at Shelborne
Posted two days ago on Craigslist (hat tip to The Chowfather and Hannah Sentenac at Miami New Times) was the following ad:
Morimoto Miami is looking for Executive Chef, Head Sushi Chef (Miami)
Iron Chef Morimoto will be opening in South Beach and operating all the F&B at the newly renovated Shelborne Wyndham Grand Hotel. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing global restaurant group.
We are looking for Executive Chef and Head Sushi Chef (and sushi chefs at all levels) at Morimoto Miami.
Please reply with cover letter summarizing your qualifications, resume, and salary history in the body of your email (no attachments).
- Location: Miami
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests
A rep for the Shelborne told us that "It is correct that Morimoto will be opening Morimoto South Beach at the Shelborne Wyndham Grand when the resort re-launches early 2014."
We guess the sushi joint at the Shelborne opened by Kardashian appendage Jonathan Cheban didn't work out so well. Currently, Morimoto only operates a restaurant in the Boca Raton Resort & Club that is open only to hotel guests. To apply to this ad, click here.
1801 Collins Ave.
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name