Morgan's on the Beach morphing into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food resto
Georgia's Union, featuring Southern comfort food with a soul food twist
1787 Purdy Ave.
Unable to escape the Joe Allen stigma, Morgan's is starting over at its South Beach location, transforming into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food kitchen. Owner Barclay Graebner tells us "The Morgan's brand has always been about family and great food, in an environment that made you feel you were at home and at the South Beach location we never quite escaped the former Joe Allen's vibe that had become so ubiquitous to that building. The answer became very clear, we needed to start fresh and that is where we came up with the concept."
Named after her daughter, Graebner says Georgia's Union has multiple meanings. "The name itself is a play on words, unifying people around southern comfort food with a soul food twist, that invites everyone to the table, and of course also carries the same name as our daughter."
The menu is getting an organic overhaul, featuring dishes "using only farm to table fresh ingredients, many of which will be grown and harvested with a strict adherence to an organic process."
The space is being remodeled, too, "nuts to bolts," Graebner says. Expect Georgia's Union to debut sometime mid-June.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space