Morgan's on the Beach morphing into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food resto
Georgia's Union, featuring Southern comfort food with a soul food twist
Unable to escape the Joe Allen stigma, Morgan's is starting over at its South Beach location, transforming into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food kitchen. Owner Barclay Graebner tells us "The Morgan's brand has always been about family and great food, in an environment that made you feel you were at home and at the South Beach location we never quite escaped the former Joe Allen's vibe that had become so ubiquitous to that building. The answer became very clear, we needed to start fresh and that is where we came up with the concept."
Named after her daughter, Graebner says Georgia's Union has multiple meanings. "The name itself is a play on words, unifying people around southern comfort food with a soul food twist, that invites everyone to the table, and of course also carries the same name as our daughter."
The menu is getting an organic overhaul, featuring dishes "using only farm to table fresh ingredients, many of which will be grown and harvested with a strict adherence to an organic process."
The space is being remodeled, too, "nuts to bolts," Graebner says. Expect Georgia's Union to debut sometime mid-June.
1787 Purdy Ave.
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"