Morgan's on the Beach morphing into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food resto
Georgia's Union, featuring Southern comfort food with a soul food twist
1787 Purdy Ave.
Unable to escape the Joe Allen stigma, Morgan's is starting over at its South Beach location, transforming into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food kitchen. Owner Barclay Graebner tells us "The Morgan's brand has always been about family and great food, in an environment that made you feel you were at home and at the South Beach location we never quite escaped the former Joe Allen's vibe that had become so ubiquitous to that building. The answer became very clear, we needed to start fresh and that is where we came up with the concept."
Named after her daughter, Graebner says Georgia's Union has multiple meanings. "The name itself is a play on words, unifying people around southern comfort food with a soul food twist, that invites everyone to the table, and of course also carries the same name as our daughter."
The menu is getting an organic overhaul, featuring dishes "using only farm to table fresh ingredients, many of which will be grown and harvested with a strict adherence to an organic process."
The space is being remodeled, too, "nuts to bolts," Graebner says. Expect Georgia's Union to debut sometime mid-June.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar