Morgan's on the Beach morphing into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food resto
Georgia's Union, featuring Southern comfort food with a soul food twist
1787 Purdy Ave.
Unable to escape the Joe Allen stigma, Morgan's is starting over at its South Beach location, transforming into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food kitchen. Owner Barclay Graebner tells us "The Morgan's brand has always been about family and great food, in an environment that made you feel you were at home and at the South Beach location we never quite escaped the former Joe Allen's vibe that had become so ubiquitous to that building. The answer became very clear, we needed to start fresh and that is where we came up with the concept."
Named after her daughter, Graebner says Georgia's Union has multiple meanings. "The name itself is a play on words, unifying people around southern comfort food with a soul food twist, that invites everyone to the table, and of course also carries the same name as our daughter."
The menu is getting an organic overhaul, featuring dishes "using only farm to table fresh ingredients, many of which will be grown and harvested with a strict adherence to an organic process."
The space is being remodeled, too, "nuts to bolts," Graebner says. Expect Georgia's Union to debut sometime mid-June.
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- ROK: BGR hosts Fall Beer Festival this Wednesday