Morgan's on the Beach morphing into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food resto
Georgia's Union, featuring Southern comfort food with a soul food twist
1787 Purdy Ave.
Unable to escape the Joe Allen stigma, Morgan's is starting over at its South Beach location, transforming into Georgia's Union, an organic soul food kitchen. Owner Barclay Graebner tells us "The Morgan's brand has always been about family and great food, in an environment that made you feel you were at home and at the South Beach location we never quite escaped the former Joe Allen's vibe that had become so ubiquitous to that building. The answer became very clear, we needed to start fresh and that is where we came up with the concept."
Named after her daughter, Graebner says Georgia's Union has multiple meanings. "The name itself is a play on words, unifying people around southern comfort food with a soul food twist, that invites everyone to the table, and of course also carries the same name as our daughter."
The menu is getting an organic overhaul, featuring dishes "using only farm to table fresh ingredients, many of which will be grown and harvested with a strict adherence to an organic process."
The space is being remodeled, too, "nuts to bolts," Graebner says. Expect Georgia's Union to debut sometime mid-June.
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria