More tapas, more tintos
Spanish spot opens in Midtown
Tapas & Tintos has a new reason to celebrate. The South Beach restaurant has opened a second location in the heart of Midtown. We chatted with chef Fernando Andres about his new address and favorite dishes.
Why did you decide to open up shop in Midtown? After seven years on South Beach, we decided it was time to expand. Midtown is growing so quickly and we’re excited to be part of it.
What's the best night to party at the restaurant? We always have a lively atmosphere at the restaurant, but our Friday and Saturday Flamenco Nights are a blast! We have food and drink specials like $1 draft beer – which everyone enjoys! A DJ completes the night. We also just started a Salsa Night on Sundays and a Colombian Night on Thursdays.
What's your favorite dish? Paella and Jamon de Bellota are my two favorites…I could eat that everyday!
Describe the crowd: We have a relaxed atmosphere with live music, cool people, a good place to eat and have fun with friends. It’s a wonderful crowd and environment. What adjectives would you use to describe the food? It’s very homey, it tastes like the food was made by your mom! We take pride in our rich traditional Spanish flavors from our vieja cocina.
Tapas & Tintos, 3535 NE Second Ave., Miami.
On Our Radar
- Jason Derulo talks new album, influences
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo spotted at W Hotel
- Magic Mike XXL stars at Miami Walk of Fame ceremony
- Irie Weekend a success
- Report: Prince Royce needs to pay up
- Real Housewives couple sue
- Kylie Jenner makes appearance at Sugar Factory
- AC Hotel opens with a stylish bang