More problems for Olivier Martinez
Actor Olivier Martinez has problems other than his Thanksgiving slugfest with a former boyfriend of fiancée Halle Berry, Gabriel Aubry (in jail as of press time).
Looks like he could use a nonviolent chat with the managers of his Miami Beach restaurant. Villa Azur, partly owned by the French actor of Unfaithful and Taking Lives, just got a state inspection that dug up so many violations likely to sicken people that a follow-up was ordered. According to state records, the restaurant, 309 23rd St., was visited by state authorities on a routine inspection Nov. 16. They found 13 violations marked critical — or “likely to directly contribute to food contamination and illness,” according to the website of the state’s Department of Business and Professional Regulations.
Seven other violations were deemed “noncritical.” Among the critical: fish served raw without having undergone parasite destruction; food thawing in standing water; cutting boards on the floor; food stored on the floor; staff handling ready-to-eat food without gloves. Usually, restaurant inspections are conducted once a year unless a follow-up is ordered. Said Azur spokeswoman Magda Afif: “The kitchen is very clean. We follow all the rules and regulation. We did have an inspection, but the inspector found no major violation.” Martinez helped create a buzz around the Mediterranean eatery in the spring when he opened the door along with Michael Martin, the ex-VIP host at nightclubs Bash and Mynt and Nikki Beach group big Jean Philippe Bernard.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills