Monday, March 7
Food and Wine Talk WSFG: Ribera del Duero U.S. brand ambassador April Cullom, Almondina cookies CEO Yuval Zaliouk and author Kim Severson (“Spoon Fed: How Eight Cooks Saved My Life”) join hosts Carole Kotkin and Simone Diament. 11 a.m.-noon on www.southfloridagourmet.com.
Author Appearance: ‘Spoon Fed’: New York Times food writer Kim Severson discusses the memoir in which she shares lessons learned from cooks including Marion Cunningham, Alice Waters, Ruth Reichl, Rachael Ray and Marcella Hazan; 8 p.m., Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; free. 305-442-4408.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Jean-Georges turns to Latino cooking at new Matador Room in Miami Beach
- New Year's beer: Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- Hoffman's Chocolates engineers sweet treats for the holidays
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- Michelle Bernstein's Seagrape serves upscale elegance in new Thompson Hotel
- Miami restaurant review: Is Iron Chef Morimoto up to the South Beach challenge?
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina