For the ultimate in fashion at reasonable prices, visit this South Miami gem.
The lowdown: For on-trend fashions that won’t leave your bank account balance seeing zeros, one need only visit Monc Boutique. Open since last August, the jewel box shop is brimming with of-the-moment looks by indie labels — all priced under $100.
“My sister Nayla and I set out to create a specialty, neighborhood boutique where locals could always find something new and afford to buy those trendy, designer pieces without killing their budget,” Co-Owner Maya El-Naffy says.
The name: Monc is a combination of the three born-in-Lebanon sisters, Maya, Nayla, Carol and Maya’s son Oliver.
The ‘hood: Nestled in the heart of South Miami, Monc’s neighbors include Dogs From Ipanema, Tupelo Honey, Miros and Vigi.
The ambience: “Like our clothes, this spot is on-trend,” Co-Owner Nayla says. Whitewood floors, graffiti walls and modern furnishings create a cool yet feminine feel.
Highlights: While the number one seller here includes a daytime dress by Sweet Rain, shoppers can also scoop up wallet-friendly pieces by popular L.A.-based labels Ark & Co., Blu Pepper, Rehab, Hot & Delicious, Nameless, Esley and Sugarlips. “Prior to the launch of Monk, there was nowhere in Miami to shop for fashion under $100 without sacrificing quality and workmanship. We identified a need in the marketplace for guilt-free splurging on designer apparel and accessories and started curating our racks accordingly,” Maya adds.
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District
- Wynwood Letterpress Opens with Handmade Charm
- Warby Parker Annex Finds New Home in Wynwood