La Moderna, NaiYaRa restaurants coming soon to Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops
Miami Beach's fast-growing retail area near Sunset Harbour is getting two new restaurants.
Buildout has begun and signage has sprouted at what look to be the Sunset Harbour 'hood's next restaurants: La Moderna and NaiYaRa.
Located in the 1800 block of Bay Road in Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops, the two new restaurants will neighbor Tequiztlan Mexican Restaurant and True Loaf Bakery, will be across a breezeway from Panther Coffee and Ice Box Cafe, and will be around the corner from Pubbelly, Pubbelly Sushi and Barceloneta.
In the same three-block radius: Lucali, Petit Bistro, Burger & Beer Joint, Emack & Bolio's, JugoFresh, PB Steak, Savory Bakery & Cafe, Sardinia, A la Folie Cafe, Mimo's Cafe, Fresh Market and Publix.
NaiYaRa is an Asian street food concept from chef Piyarat Arreeratn, aka Chef Bee, of Oishi Thai in North Miami and formerly of Khong River House in Miami Beach. We've asked Sunset Harbour Shops for more information about La Moderna; we'll post when we get it.
UPDATE: La Moderna is a sister restaurant to Miami Beach's Fratelli la Bufala (437 Washington Ave.), a longtime favorite of Miami Herald and Miami.com food critic Victoria Pesce Elliott. The owners will offer an Italian-style menu (beyond the Neapolitan pies they sling South of Fifth) with a full bar.
- The List: Eating in Miami with Miguel Aguilar
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy
- Alicia Silverstone talks Moby, vegan food and Miami's Seed Festival
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo