La Moderna, NaiYaRa restaurants coming soon to Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops
Miami Beach's fast-growing retail area near Sunset Harbour is getting two new restaurants.
Buildout has begun and signage has sprouted at what look to be the Sunset Harbour 'hood's next restaurants: La Moderna and NaiYaRa.
Located in the 1800 block of Bay Road in Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops, the two new restaurants will neighbor Tequiztlan Mexican Restaurant and True Loaf Bakery, will be across a breezeway from Panther Coffee and Ice Box Cafe, and will be around the corner from Pubbelly, Pubbelly Sushi and Barceloneta.
In the same three-block radius: Lucali, Petit Bistro, Burger & Beer Joint, Emack & Bolio's, JugoFresh, PB Steak, Savory Bakery & Cafe, Sardinia, A la Folie Cafe, Mimo's Cafe, Fresh Market and Publix.
NaiYaRa is an Asian street food concept from chef Piyarat Arreeratn, aka Chef Bee, of Oishi Thai in North Miami and formerly of Khong River House in Miami Beach. We've asked Sunset Harbour Shops for more information about La Moderna; we'll post when we get it.
UPDATE: La Moderna is a sister restaurant to Miami Beach's Fratelli la Bufala (437 Washington Ave.), a longtime favorite of Miami Herald and Miami.com food critic Victoria Pesce Elliott. The owners will offer an Italian-style menu (beyond the Neapolitan pies they sling South of Fifth) with a full bar.
- Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu