La Moderna, NaiYaRa restaurants coming soon to Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops
Miami Beach's fast-growing retail area near Sunset Harbour is getting two new restaurants.
Buildout has begun and signage has sprouted at what look to be the Sunset Harbour 'hood's next restaurants: La Moderna and NaiYaRa.
Located in the 1800 block of Bay Road in Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops, the two new restaurants will neighbor Tequiztlan Mexican Restaurant and True Loaf Bakery, will be across a breezeway from Panther Coffee and Ice Box Cafe, and will be around the corner from Pubbelly, Pubbelly Sushi and Barceloneta.
In the same three-block radius: Lucali, Petit Bistro, Burger & Beer Joint, Emack & Bolio's, JugoFresh, PB Steak, Savory Bakery & Cafe, Sardinia, A la Folie Cafe, Mimo's Cafe, Fresh Market and Publix.
NaiYaRa is an Asian street food concept from chef Piyarat Arreeratn, aka Chef Bee, of Oishi Thai in North Miami and formerly of Khong River House in Miami Beach. We've asked Sunset Harbour Shops for more information about La Moderna; we'll post when we get it.
UPDATE: La Moderna is a sister restaurant to Miami Beach's Fratelli la Bufala (437 Washington Ave.), a longtime favorite of Miami Herald and Miami.com food critic Victoria Pesce Elliott. The owners will offer an Italian-style menu (beyond the Neapolitan pies they sling South of Fifth) with a full bar.
- Michelle Bernstein's kitchen team comes together at new Michy's
- The List: Miami's best food with Barceloneta's Juliana Gonzalez
- The List: Top bites in Miami with Finka's Eileen Andrade
- Chef Danny Grant and John Kunkel's 50 Eggs part ways
- Guess where we're eating, win tickets to see Robert Irvine Live
- New Spanish restaurant Piripi to open March 30 in Coral Gables
- Taste of Tennis to pair pro players and Miami chefs
- Bombay Darbar moving to bigger space in Coconut Grove
- The List: Eating in Miami with Azul chef William Crandall
- Texas de Brazil, Basil Thai now open at Dadeland Mall