La Moderna, NaiYaRa restaurants coming soon to Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops
Miami Beach's fast-growing retail area near Sunset Harbour is getting two new restaurants.
Buildout has begun and signage has sprouted at what look to be the Sunset Harbour 'hood's next restaurants: La Moderna and NaiYaRa.
Located in the 1800 block of Bay Road in Miami Beach's Sunset Harbour Shops, the two new restaurants will neighbor Tequiztlan Mexican Restaurant and True Loaf Bakery, will be across a breezeway from Panther Coffee and Ice Box Cafe, and will be around the corner from Pubbelly, Pubbelly Sushi and Barceloneta.
In the same three-block radius: Lucali, Petit Bistro, Burger & Beer Joint, Emack & Bolio's, JugoFresh, PB Steak, Savory Bakery & Cafe, Sardinia, A la Folie Cafe, Mimo's Cafe, Fresh Market and Publix.
NaiYaRa is an Asian street food concept from chef Piyarat Arreeratn, aka Chef Bee, of Oishi Thai in North Miami and formerly of Khong River House in Miami Beach. We've asked Sunset Harbour Shops for more information about La Moderna; we'll post when we get it.
UPDATE: La Moderna is a sister restaurant to Miami Beach's Fratelli la Bufala (437 Washington Ave.), a longtime favorite of Miami Herald and Miami.com food critic Victoria Pesce Elliott. The owners will offer an Italian-style menu (beyond the Neapolitan pies they sling South of Fifth) with a full bar.
- Learn to grill from an Argentine master
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando
- The best spots in Miami to celebrate International Sushi Day
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept