Model earned her wings
Talking to a real life angel
Victoria’s Secret angel Lindsay Ellingson has a devilish side. “I’m a Scorpio, so I can be mischievous at times.” Despite her playful ways, the 24-year old model knows how to keep her wings intact. Well, almost. “At the last Victoria’s Secret runway show, I had on wings made of hay,” Ellingson said via telephone from her New York City home.
“It was my first time [wearing wings], and backstage I kept poking and scratching things. A security guard had to come help me walk around.” Before her angelic gig, Ellingson walked the catwalk for fashion designers Christian Dior, Oscar de la Renta, Marc Jacobs and Valentino. Valentino took such a liking to her that he asked the blond beauty to be featured in his last couture show before his 2008 fashion farewell. “What I love about [Valentino] is that he chooses his favorite models and sticks with them,” she said of her four-year stint with the Italian fashion designer.
“It doesn’t matter if you’re a top model or not.”
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening