Model and designer Angela Martini brings sexiness to Swim Week
Who is she dating?
We’ll see an interesting mix of bold-faced names when Swim Week starts up Thursday night, with an opening party at bathing suit headquarters, The Raleigh Hotel. Because a number of models double as designers, their shows could bring in a lion’s share of rubberneckers and gossip hungry. One woman who’s bound to pique interest is Angela Martini, a New York based model and Miss Universe Albania 2010 who has a line of eponymous bikinis.
The NYC based stunner, whose show is Saturday night at W South Beach Hotel, has an exotic background: born in Albania and raised in Switzerland. If Martini bumps into her ex fling Kanye West, things could get awkward. The NYC tabloids reported last summer that she was obsessed with the rapper and semi-stalked him, showing up at places he frequented. Martini fought back, saying “crazy’’ people who were jealous made things up to feed gossip reporters. “This [Kanye story] is a hundred percent not true. If you know me, and you know my personality after five minutes, this is definitely not true,’’ she told Complex magazine last month. “I laugh about it because I used to watch movies before about girls in high school doing things like this to each other and now I’m like, ‘Wow, this is actually happening to me.’”
Martini’s most recent claim to fame is being Russell Simmons’ newest rumored girlfriend. Indeed, the mogul’s on the guest list along with Hank Azaria (his parents live in Morningside) and Q-Tip. She told Global Grind in April: “He’s an amazing guy . . . the nicest person ever, and we are very close friends. I can call him about anything and he can call me about anything.” Just last week, Simmons was photographed with Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes, so who knows?
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami