MOCA by Moonlight
Make your way to MOCA to learn about art every Wednesday night!
By Solange Reyner
Make your way to MOCA to learn about art tonight - and every Wednesday night! The Museum of Contemporary Art offers weekly classes centered around a series of programs that teach adults about contemporary art. The programs vary from 5 Minutes of Fame, Contemporary Boot Camp, and Arts for All.
Tonight it's Arts for All, with participants working to create cultural symbols inspired by Jose Bedia's art.
Here's a breakdown of the programs:
Arts for All - Participate in hands-on art activities at this event. The cost: $10 per class for MOCA members, $12 general admission, $3 students with ID. Starts at 7 pm.
Contemporary Boot Camp - A lecture series presented by MOCA Education Curator Dr. Adrienne Von Lates on themes and techniques that dominate art today. The cost: $10 per lecture for MOCA members, City of North Miami residents and employees, $12 for non-members, $3 for college students with ID. Starts at 7:30 pm.
5 Minutes of Fame - Local artists get their time to shine at MOCA when they present their work in power-point style, with complimentary cocktails provided by Pama. The cost: Free with Museum admission. Starts at 7 pm.
MOCA is located at 770 NE 125th street in North Miami
For more details: Call 305-893-6211 ext. 25 or e-mail email@example.com
See and Do
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs
- Morningside Historic Home Tour gives a look at some of Miami's oldest houses