MOCA by Moonlight
Make your way to MOCA to learn about art every Wednesday night!
By Solange Reyner
Make your way to MOCA to learn about art tonight - and every Wednesday night! The Museum of Contemporary Art offers weekly classes centered around a series of programs that teach adults about contemporary art. The programs vary from 5 Minutes of Fame, Contemporary Boot Camp, and Arts for All.
Tonight it's Arts for All, with participants working to create cultural symbols inspired by Jose Bedia's art.
Here's a breakdown of the programs:
Arts for All - Participate in hands-on art activities at this event. The cost: $10 per class for MOCA members, $12 general admission, $3 students with ID. Starts at 7 pm.
Contemporary Boot Camp - A lecture series presented by MOCA Education Curator Dr. Adrienne Von Lates on themes and techniques that dominate art today. The cost: $10 per lecture for MOCA members, City of North Miami residents and employees, $12 for non-members, $3 for college students with ID. Starts at 7:30 pm.
5 Minutes of Fame - Local artists get their time to shine at MOCA when they present their work in power-point style, with complimentary cocktails provided by Pama. The cost: Free with Museum admission. Starts at 7 pm.
MOCA is located at 770 NE 125th street in North Miami
For more details: Call 305-893-6211 ext. 25 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15