Mix of celebrities spotted around town
Former Massachusetts Governor and 1988 presidential candidate Michael Dukakis was seen lunching last Friday with Miami Beach resident Matt Kuss, Alex and Patt Soto at Greek Isles restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. The Sotos were the winning bidders of the lunch at the Miami Children’s Hospital Diamond Ball auction. Comedian and Oscar winning actress Mo’nique was seen Saturday night/early Sunday morning at Cafe Martorano, kicking it, literally, to the sounds of Lou Rawls after her performance earlier that night in Hollywood. George Hamilton and Don Soffer were seen Monday palling around in the lobby of Turnberry Isle Miami. Later in the afternoon, Hamilton was seen shopping at his new favorite store, Santa Maria Novella at Bal Harbour Shops.
After a weekend in Vegas for the big Mayweather fight, Victor Ortiz was apparently not ready to stop partying. The pro boxer arrived at the Shore Club straight from an overnight flight and hit the hotel’s Shore Thing Sunday pool party immediately after checking in. After their win over the Miami Heat Monday night, a large group of Chicago Bulls players headed — where else ? —to Prime 112 for a late night dinner. Marco Belinelli, Nazr Mohammed, Taj Gibson, Rip Hamilton and Jimmy Butler were all there, while the following day, Carlos Boozer was there for lunch and Derrick Rose for dinner. On Tuesday, a handful of the Jacksons — Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon — had an early dinner in the steakhouse’s wine room before heading to St. Lucia for a concert.
On Our Radar
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested