Mix of celebrities spotted around town
Former Massachusetts Governor and 1988 presidential candidate Michael Dukakis was seen lunching last Friday with Miami Beach resident Matt Kuss, Alex and Patt Soto at Greek Isles restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. The Sotos were the winning bidders of the lunch at the Miami Children’s Hospital Diamond Ball auction. Comedian and Oscar winning actress Mo’nique was seen Saturday night/early Sunday morning at Cafe Martorano, kicking it, literally, to the sounds of Lou Rawls after her performance earlier that night in Hollywood. George Hamilton and Don Soffer were seen Monday palling around in the lobby of Turnberry Isle Miami. Later in the afternoon, Hamilton was seen shopping at his new favorite store, Santa Maria Novella at Bal Harbour Shops.
After a weekend in Vegas for the big Mayweather fight, Victor Ortiz was apparently not ready to stop partying. The pro boxer arrived at the Shore Club straight from an overnight flight and hit the hotel’s Shore Thing Sunday pool party immediately after checking in. After their win over the Miami Heat Monday night, a large group of Chicago Bulls players headed — where else ? —to Prime 112 for a late night dinner. Marco Belinelli, Nazr Mohammed, Taj Gibson, Rip Hamilton and Jimmy Butler were all there, while the following day, Carlos Boozer was there for lunch and Derrick Rose for dinner. On Tuesday, a handful of the Jacksons — Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon — had an early dinner in the steakhouse’s wine room before heading to St. Lucia for a concert.
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E