Mission Miami.com Makeover: Christina Lopez
Say hello to our first makeover - Christina kissed her BoHo look goodbye for an edgy rocker vibe.
Meet Christina Lopez — we gave her a head-to-toe makeover at our recent Into the Night event at Blade. Style wise, she went from “Island Chic” to “Rocker Glam” thanks to a little help from our friends at Bloomingdales. Here, ladies and gents, are here fashion stats:
Name: Christina Lopez
Cultural background: “I’m a Heinz 57 — a little bit of this and a whole lotta that — English, Irish and Puerto Rican,” Lopez says.
Profession: Marketing Manager and Voice Over Actress
Spotted at: Blade at The Fontainebleau
The “before” outfit: T-Bags maxi dress, Carlos Santana sandals, Tommy Hilfiger handbag and Native Designs layered necklaces. “I describe this look as Caribbean Chic,” Lopez says.
The “after” look: BCBG Max Azria draped dress and L.A.M.B. heels. A Giorgio Armani makeup artist gave Lopez smoky eyes and nude lips to complete the glam look. “I love this rocker look!” Lopez admits.
Fave shopping haunts: Bluefly.com and Ruelala.com
Must-haves for Fall: “A great piece of statement jewelry. I’m all about big and bold necklaces because it’s the easiest way to take a simple look and elevate it to chic and sophisticated,” Lopez says.
Closet staple: “My Michael Kors studded bowling bag — love it!” Lopez confesses.
Worst trend she’s ever tried: Stirrup leggings with flats
Biggest fashion faux pas: “Being too matchy matchy. There are so many cool, wearable trends right now offering great patterns, colors and textures — mixing it up is what it’s all about,” Lopez says.
Style muses: “Right now it’s a toss-up between Gwen Stefani and Rihanna. I’m loving their edgy rocker vibe with a dash of color to set it all off,” Lopez says.
- Swim Street Style: Who wore it best at the MBFW SWIM shows
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 3
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 2
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 1
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM heats up at opening party
- RSVP: Miami.com users invited to Salon Allure Opening Party on Friday
- The Top Three Trends of the 90s That Are Back Again
- Swim Talk with La Perla’s Suzy Biszantz
- Dive Into Swim Week 2014
- Open-to-the-Public Swim Week 2014 Events