Miss USA Olivia Culpo at Kooey Australia show
With her sash
Back at bikini headquarters, The Raleigh, the Kooey Australia got under way in the penthouse. Guests mingled in the vast room, where cheese, crackers and fruit were served, amid male and female partially naked models. Many of the bathing suits reminded one of the ocean, or crystal clean [pool.
The way it should be, in our book. Colors were a surreal and splendid mix of teal, aqua and sand. Some of the prints were reminiscent of tropical fish. Perfectly light coverups with bat wings lent a stylish complement to the skimpy one-pieces and flesh. Unlike many of the other looks seen during Swim Week, Kooey is less about details, bells and whistles, and embellishments, letting the hues and silhouettes take over. This is intentional.
Designer Nikki Silverthorne uses her country's natural beauty and landscape to guide her vision. Though most eyes were fixed on the least dressed people, heads did turn with Miss USA Olivia Culpo (formerly Miss Rhode Island), sash and all, walked in.
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert