Miramar's Jason Derulo talks recovery, new album
Jason Derulo is back — on his head. Just 16 months after fracturing a vertebra in his neck while doing acrobatics in rehearsals for his world tour, Derulo is seen standing on his head in the music video for his new single, The Other Side. “It’s something that I wanted to do; it demonstrated the strength someone can have,” he said. The 23-year-old Miramar native behind the hit songs Whatcha Say, In My Head and Ridin’ Solo released the track April 16. The video begins with an anxious Derulo asking a future lover, “Are you sure you wanna do this?” It delves into the difficulties of being in a relationship. The Other Side is from the singer’s newest album, due out this fall after more than a year in the making. Unlike his first two back-to-back albums in 2010 and 2011, Derulo said that he was forced to slow down because of the injury. “It helped me to kind of see everything from a different perspective,” Derulo said. “The music was a form of therapy for me.”
On Our Radar
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges
- Condo dwellers affected by Jonah Hill movie