The Awarehouse celebrates minimalism in all its artistic incarnations.
In art as in life, less is always more. This month, Awarehouse,a multi-purpose performance venue and art gallery, presents its first installment of “Minimal” as the launch of an ongoing series of monthly events inspired by minimalist concepts in design, sound and the visual arts.
Minimal will feature music, fine art, cymatic and electro-acoustic science displays, projection-mapped visuals, and interactive media, all curated and developed with the concept of minimalism in its various forms.
The inaugural Minimal experience will feature sounds curated by SpinnZinn, organicArma (dj set), Laura of Miami, Heather Holiday and Kirkjon. Art will be curated by Tecne Collective/ AV-8 - a group of visual artists and programmers, specializing in projection-mapping, interactive video displays, visual fractals, and lighting design.
Admission is free for the monthly Minimal experience.
Thursday, October 28. 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at The Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th Street, Miami. For information, visit www.awarehousemiami.com.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so