The Awarehouse celebrates minimalism in all its artistic incarnations.
In art as in life, less is always more. This month, Awarehouse,a multi-purpose performance venue and art gallery, presents its first installment of “Minimal” as the launch of an ongoing series of monthly events inspired by minimalist concepts in design, sound and the visual arts.
Minimal will feature music, fine art, cymatic and electro-acoustic science displays, projection-mapped visuals, and interactive media, all curated and developed with the concept of minimalism in its various forms.
The inaugural Minimal experience will feature sounds curated by SpinnZinn, organicArma (dj set), Laura of Miami, Heather Holiday and Kirkjon. Art will be curated by Tecne Collective/ AV-8 - a group of visual artists and programmers, specializing in projection-mapping, interactive video displays, visual fractals, and lighting design.
Admission is free for the monthly Minimal experience.
Thursday, October 28. 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at The Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th Street, Miami. For information, visit www.awarehousemiami.com.
See and Do
- Historic Virginia Key Beach Park hosts 70th Anniversary Celebration
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks