The Awarehouse celebrates minimalism in all its artistic incarnations.
In art as in life, less is always more. This month, Awarehouse,a multi-purpose performance venue and art gallery, presents its first installment of “Minimal” as the launch of an ongoing series of monthly events inspired by minimalist concepts in design, sound and the visual arts.
Minimal will feature music, fine art, cymatic and electro-acoustic science displays, projection-mapped visuals, and interactive media, all curated and developed with the concept of minimalism in its various forms.
The inaugural Minimal experience will feature sounds curated by SpinnZinn, organicArma (dj set), Laura of Miami, Heather Holiday and Kirkjon. Art will be curated by Tecne Collective/ AV-8 - a group of visual artists and programmers, specializing in projection-mapping, interactive video displays, visual fractals, and lighting design.
Admission is free for the monthly Minimal experience.
Thursday, October 28. 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at The Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th Street, Miami. For information, visit www.awarehousemiami.com.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art