The Awarehouse celebrates minimalism in all its artistic incarnations.
In art as in life, less is always more. This month, Awarehouse,a multi-purpose performance venue and art gallery, presents its first installment of “Minimal” as the launch of an ongoing series of monthly events inspired by minimalist concepts in design, sound and the visual arts.
Minimal will feature music, fine art, cymatic and electro-acoustic science displays, projection-mapped visuals, and interactive media, all curated and developed with the concept of minimalism in its various forms.
The inaugural Minimal experience will feature sounds curated by SpinnZinn, organicArma (dj set), Laura of Miami, Heather Holiday and Kirkjon. Art will be curated by Tecne Collective/ AV-8 - a group of visual artists and programmers, specializing in projection-mapping, interactive video displays, visual fractals, and lighting design.
Admission is free for the monthly Minimal experience.
Thursday, October 28. 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at The Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th Street, Miami. For information, visit www.awarehousemiami.com.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship