The Awarehouse celebrates minimalism in all its artistic incarnations.
In art as in life, less is always more. This month, Awarehouse,a multi-purpose performance venue and art gallery, presents its first installment of “Minimal” as the launch of an ongoing series of monthly events inspired by minimalist concepts in design, sound and the visual arts.
Minimal will feature music, fine art, cymatic and electro-acoustic science displays, projection-mapped visuals, and interactive media, all curated and developed with the concept of minimalism in its various forms.
The inaugural Minimal experience will feature sounds curated by SpinnZinn, organicArma (dj set), Laura of Miami, Heather Holiday and Kirkjon. Art will be curated by Tecne Collective/ AV-8 - a group of visual artists and programmers, specializing in projection-mapping, interactive video displays, visual fractals, and lighting design.
Admission is free for the monthly Minimal experience.
Thursday, October 28. 9 p.m.-2 a.m. at The Awarehouse, 550 NW 29th Street, Miami. For information, visit www.awarehousemiami.com.
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13