Mimosas and Massages for Mama
From mimosas to personalized aromatherapy massages, these hotels will keep mama slick and satisfied on Mother's Day.
As you scramble through brain teasing, 100-adjective spa treatments and brunch menus for Mother’s Day, I know exactly what you want to know--Where is it? Can I afford it? Is it worth it? Will my mom still be hungry after her decorated lettuce binge? Check out my simple breakdown of what local hotels are offering...
What: Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is the AAA Five Diamond Award recipient for 2010 (so it must be nice, right?)
What they’re offering:
• Welcoming Foot Ritual--Probably better than hubby’s foot massage.
• Body Exfoliation--Get rid of that dead skin, Mama.
• Aromatherapy Massage--Mom gets to create her own perfume and indulge a personalized rubdown.
• Holistic Facial-- Wash, tone, exfoliate and massage.
• Special Bento Box Spa Lunch--ESPA bento box is served with a salad, vegetables crudités, tropical fruit salad and your choice of entrée--grilled, jumbo shrimp, poached salmon, grilled chicken or grilled veggie antipasto.
How Much? The 2-hour Mother’s Day Spa Package is $295 (doesn’t include the 18% gratuity).
ESPA at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, 17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach, 305-918-8000.
What: The Angler’s Boutique Resort Mother’s Day package includes brunch from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 660 at The Angler’s.
How Much? A la carte menu with unlimited $14 Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s.
What Else: They’re also offering a Mother’s Day 1-night stay that doesn’t have to be purchased until May 31st, and mom can choose her travel dates through September 30, 2010. Package includes:
• 1-night stay in a studio suite or duplex suite with terrace spa
• Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries
• Personalized card from her favorite child
• $50 food and beverage credit.
How Much? For studio suite, it’s $265 a night for midweek stay and $295 a night for weekend stay. For duplex suite with terrace spa, it’s $315 a night for a midweek stay and $345 a night for a weekend stay (Offers subject to availability).
The Angler’s Boutique Resort, 660 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. For rates and availability, e-mail Estelle@theanglersresort.com or call 305-534-9600
What: Kitchen 305’s all-you-can-eat-brunch. Buffet includes carving stations, made-to-order pastas and omelets, seafood, dessert bar and more.
What Else: Enjoy all-you-can-drink Champagne (It’s probably sparkling wine) while Spiritualist Estherleon Schwartz serenades mama. Mom will also receive a FREE $50 gift card for the hotel’s Seven Seas Aveda Spa after brunch purchase.
How Much? $27.95 per person.
Kitchen 305 at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, 16701 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach, 305-949-1300.
What: Mother's Day Brunch at Cafe Sambal. From 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., enjoy complimentary mimosas and avant garde selections like Korean-style Kobe beef skirt steak, teriyaki salmon with kalamansi-kafir lime sauce and special sushi options. Brunch traditionalists will enjoy omelet and French toast and pancake stations. There will also be an array of gourmet ceviches and salads, fresh fruit, freshly baked treats and much more.
How Much? $85 per adult and $35 per child ages 4 to 12.
Cafe Sambal at Mandarin Oriental Miami, 500 Brickell Key Dr., Brickell, 305-913-8358.
- SLS Brickell to open with Boy George at splashy party
- Get Lei'd at Campton Yard with 'Supermensch' Shep Gordon
- Cheers to four years of LDV Hospitality at Gale South Beach
- World Traveler (& Foodie) Guide to Miami Book Fair
- If you like these Miami hotels, you’ll love their new sister properties in desirable destinations
- A No Nonsense Guide to Doing South Beach like a Local
- Hotel Week NYC offers rooms as low as $100 in January
- Aloft Hotels: Dadeland in, South Beach out and more on the horizon
- 16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About the Delano on its 21st Birthday
- Take an exclusive tour through the design elements of the iconic Delano Hotel