Miley Cyrus twerks into Miami in March 2014
See Miley Cyrus in the flesh in March 2014 when she brings her "Bangerz" tour to Miami.
Now that the fuss has faded somewhat over Miley Cyrus’ recent hot-mess shenanigans - which involved disturbing photo shoots, an obsession with lasciviously sticking out her tongue, and way too much twerking - we can begin to focus solely on her music. It might surprise a lot of people that it’s good, because celebrity train-wreck behavior almost invariably leads to train-wreck creative output.
Not this time. The former Hannah Montana nailed it on her chart-topping new album, “Bangerz,” which has received rave reviews, with Entertainment Weekly calling it “utterly fresh, a pop blitz from a hip-hop blueprint, and proof that Miley won't settle for just shocking us” and US Weekly declaring it “the year's most titillating pop explosion” and awarding the album 4 stars (out of 4).
Cyrus is part of the bill at the Y100 Jingle Ball on Dec. 20 at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, where she’ll perform her lively new hits including “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking Ball.” But if you can’t make it to that show – or don’t want to endure the other pop acts just to see Miley – she’s hitting the road on her own early next year, starting Feb. 14 in Vancouver. And yes, Cyrus’ “Bangerz” tour makes a Miami stop – on March 22 at the AmericanAirlines Arena.
Can’t wait till her live performances to see the suddenly unpredictable superstar? Catch Miley this weekend on the re-broadcast of NBC’s Oct. 5 “Saturday Night Live” show, where she was well-received as both host and musical guest.
Tickets to Cyrus’ “Bangerz” concert (price TBA) go on sale to the general public on Nov. 16, but American Express Card Members can get an early crack at them from 10 a.m. Tuesday through 10 p.m. Nov. 15. Fans can also purchase tickets early by signing up for a Facebook RSVP at http://bit.ly/_MileyRSVP. For more info, check out www.livenation.com.
On Our Radar
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub
- Brittny Gastineau has fun in the sun in Miami
- Hulu star Ray Diaz comes home to Miami
- Singer Brendan O'Hara rocks out local club