Miley Cyrus twerks into Miami in March 2014
See Miley Cyrus in the flesh in March 2014 when she brings her "Bangerz" tour to Miami.
Now that the fuss has faded somewhat over Miley Cyrus’ recent hot-mess shenanigans - which involved disturbing photo shoots, an obsession with lasciviously sticking out her tongue, and way too much twerking - we can begin to focus solely on her music. It might surprise a lot of people that it’s good, because celebrity train-wreck behavior almost invariably leads to train-wreck creative output.
Not this time. The former Hannah Montana nailed it on her chart-topping new album, “Bangerz,” which has received rave reviews, with Entertainment Weekly calling it “utterly fresh, a pop blitz from a hip-hop blueprint, and proof that Miley won't settle for just shocking us” and US Weekly declaring it “the year's most titillating pop explosion” and awarding the album 4 stars (out of 4).
Cyrus is part of the bill at the Y100 Jingle Ball on Dec. 20 at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, where she’ll perform her lively new hits including “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking Ball.” But if you can’t make it to that show – or don’t want to endure the other pop acts just to see Miley – she’s hitting the road on her own early next year, starting Feb. 14 in Vancouver. And yes, Cyrus’ “Bangerz” tour makes a Miami stop – on March 22 at the AmericanAirlines Arena.
Can’t wait till her live performances to see the suddenly unpredictable superstar? Catch Miley this weekend on the re-broadcast of NBC’s Oct. 5 “Saturday Night Live” show, where she was well-received as both host and musical guest.
Tickets to Cyrus’ “Bangerz” concert (price TBA) go on sale to the general public on Nov. 16, but American Express Card Members can get an early crack at them from 10 a.m. Tuesday through 10 p.m. Nov. 15. Fans can also purchase tickets early by signing up for a Facebook RSVP at http://bit.ly/_MileyRSVP. For more info, check out www.livenation.com.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'