Miley Cyrus brings her twerk to South Florida for the Y100 Jingle Ball on Dec. 20
BB&T Center in Sunrise could be the next stop for a Miley Cyrus shocking performance. Would Santa approve?
It’s become a holiday tradition: The Y100 Jingle Ball – an annual blowout bash sponsored by the Top 40 radio station - returns for a 13th year on Dec. 20 at the BB&T Center in Sunrise.
And along with showcasing some of the most popular acts in pop music, the Jingle Ball has landed today’s most notorious artist – none other than Miley Cyrus, whose whirlwind of shockingly racy antics (at least, for the virginal ex-Hannah Montana) began with her giving a standing lap dance to Robin Thicke at the MTV VMA show in August. She followed that up with a couple of raunchy photo shoots sure to give her country music-star dad Billy Ray an achy-breaky heart.
So the burning question is, will Miley try to top herself at the Jingle Ball? Of course, we’ll hear her latest hits “We Can’t Stop” and “Wrecking Ball,” and she’s almost guaranteed to break out some twerking, but could there be a wardrobe malfunction in the works?
Whatever the case, Miley’s new persona has paid off well, leading to her hosting “Saturday Night Live” for the first time last week, and most likely propelling her new album “Bangerz” (which hit the streets Tuesday) to No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
Along with Miley, Jingle Ball’s lineup is impressive, with Robin Thicke (“Blurred Lines”), “new Bieber” Austin Mahone, Enrique Iglesias, Fall Out Boy, Avril Lavigne, Flo Rida, Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, DJ Armin van Buuren, Jason Derulo and Fifth Harmony set to take the stage.
Tickets ($56 - $266, Ticketmaster) go on sale to the general public at noon Saturday, Oct. 19, but Y100 members can get an early crack at them from 5 p.m. Tuesday - 4:59 p.m. Wednesday (log on to www.y100.com to register for free). And if you have a Chase debit or credit card, you can use it from 5 p.m. Wednesday-5 p.m. Friday, before the general sale.
Last year’s Jingle Ball featured cohost Justin Bieber, headliner Flo Rida, and acts Karmin, Enrique Iglesias, OneRepublic, Ke$ha, fun., Neon Trees and Afrojack, among others.
Music in Miami
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure
- EC Twins Take Over E11EVEN for Cam Con's Official After Party
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Best of the Best Music Fest brings dancehall, soca and reggae to Miami
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Bro Safari drops the beat at Go HARD at the Fillmore
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.