Mike Piazza gets in on ballet action
One night only
On May 3, Mike Piazza, will make his ballet debut at the Ziff Ballet Opera House when he appears as the Gangster in Miami City Ballet’s production of George Balanchine’s Slaughter on Tenth Avenue at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Miami. But Piazza won't be doing any pas de deux or even catching ballerinas. According to a ballet rep, he'll be "throwing out a few lines Al Capone-style and then sitting back and watching the stage come alive with dazzling dance routines, a gorgeous Strip Tease Girl, a tap-dancing Hoofer and the colorful Ladies of the Ballet." So how'd he score this gig? Piazza's six-year-old daughter Nicoletta is a student at the Miami City Ballet School and conspired with the ballet's artistic director Lourdes Lopez to get him involved. “It’s going to be a lot of fun seeing the reaction of my two little girls,” said Piazza. “My oldest daughter is a student at Miami City Ballet School and for her to have the opportunity to see Daddy on stage is my little gift. I’m looking forward to it.” Piazza starts rehearsals April 14.
On Our Radar
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday