Michelle Bernstein to open restaurant in new Thompson Miami Beach Hotel
The yet-unnamed restaurant is coming this year to 4041 Collins Ave.
This just in: James Beard Award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein (Michy's, Crumb on Parchment) will open a restaurant later this year in the new Thompson Miami Beach Hotel at 4041 Collins Ave.
Bernstein's yet-unnamed restaurant is part of a $75 million renovation to turn the former Crown Miami Beach Apartments into a 380-room Thompson hotel. Her main restaurant will seat 267 people, and Bernstein also will consult on food-and-beverage offerings throughout the hotel.
Bernstein announced this month that she will temporarily close her flagship Michy's Restaurant in late June for several weeks of renovations and to debut a new menu.
Click here for more on the new Thompson hotel and Bernstein's role in it.
Thompson Miami Beach
4041 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"