Michelle Bernstein to open restaurant in new Thompson Miami Beach Hotel
The yet-unnamed restaurant is coming this year to 4041 Collins Ave.
This just in: James Beard Award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein (Michy's, Crumb on Parchment) will open a restaurant later this year in the new Thompson Miami Beach Hotel at 4041 Collins Ave.
Bernstein's yet-unnamed restaurant is part of a $75 million renovation to turn the former Crown Miami Beach Apartments into a 380-room Thompson hotel. Her main restaurant will seat 267 people, and Bernstein also will consult on food-and-beverage offerings throughout the hotel.
Bernstein announced this month that she will temporarily close her flagship Michy's Restaurant in late June for several weeks of renovations and to debut a new menu.
Click here for more on the new Thompson hotel and Bernstein's role in it.
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami