Michelle Bernstein to open restaurant in new Thompson Miami Beach Hotel
The yet-unnamed restaurant is coming this year to 4041 Collins Ave.
This just in: James Beard Award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein (Michy's, Crumb on Parchment) will open a restaurant later this year in the new Thompson Miami Beach Hotel at 4041 Collins Ave.
Bernstein's yet-unnamed restaurant is part of a $75 million renovation to turn the former Crown Miami Beach Apartments into a 380-room Thompson hotel. Her main restaurant will seat 267 people, and Bernstein also will consult on food-and-beverage offerings throughout the hotel.
Bernstein announced this month that she will temporarily close her flagship Michy's Restaurant in late June for several weeks of renovations and to debut a new menu.
Click here for more on the new Thompson hotel and Bernstein's role in it.
Thompson Miami Beach
4041 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab