Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi
Upscale French-Mediterranean eats across from Joe's Stone Crabs
The who: Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci, said to be favored by Bill Cosby, Robert De Niro, Mick Jagger and Usher, helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi.
The space: A small, classy dining room outfitted with marble-topped tables, black and white photographs and a swanky communal table.
Outdoors: Generous patio seating across from Joe’s Stone Crab. Tables are outfitted with linens and flowers and the vibe is date-friendly.
The dishes: French-Mediterranean. Lobster and truffles are abundant and prices are high: Starters average $16 and mains $30-$60.
Starters include the Fulci’s famous foie gras with fig jam and truffle, artichoke carpaccio salad and salmon tartar marinated in grapefruit and coriander. Homemade pastas include gnocchi with pine nuts, lobster spaghetti and spinach ravioli.
Mains include sea bass Rossini with seared foie gras, scallops with cauliflower puree and Colorado rack of lamb. Pair with zucchini risotto, truffle fries and truffle pasta shells.
Desserts are presented tableside and include key lime tart, chocolate mousse cake and Napoleon.
The bottom line: A new SoFi spot for date-friendly, upscale French cooking.
22 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
- South Florida just got another serious steakhouse
- Phuc Yea pops up for good
- This North Miami Beach spot is for laid back Mediterranean-Spanish tapas
- Eat among the art at South Beach's Canvas
- International sushi chain opens first U.S. spot — on South Beach
- Here are four new Miami, Beach restaurants to try this month
- A sleek, new steakhouse for downtown Miami
- Why you should try these restaurants new to Miami Spice
- Traditional Italian, contemporary feel at this spot west of the airport
- This new sandwich shop keeps South Beach party going