Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi
Upscale French-Mediterranean eats across from Joe's Stone Crabs
The who: Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci, said to be favored by Bill Cosby, Robert De Niro, Mick Jagger and Usher, helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi.
The space: A small, classy dining room outfitted with marble-topped tables, black and white photographs and a swanky communal table.
Outdoors: Generous patio seating across from Joe’s Stone Crab. Tables are outfitted with linens and flowers and the vibe is date-friendly.
The dishes: French-Mediterranean. Lobster and truffles are abundant and prices are high: Starters average $16 and mains $30-$60.
Starters include the Fulci’s famous foie gras with fig jam and truffle, artichoke carpaccio salad and salmon tartar marinated in grapefruit and coriander. Homemade pastas include gnocchi with pine nuts, lobster spaghetti and spinach ravioli.
Mains include sea bass Rossini with seared foie gras, scallops with cauliflower puree and Colorado rack of lamb. Pair with zucchini risotto, truffle fries and truffle pasta shells.
Desserts are presented tableside and include key lime tart, chocolate mousse cake and Napoleon.
The bottom line: A new SoFi spot for date-friendly, upscale French cooking.
22 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
- Catch some Poke, man: Polynesian flavors at rooftop Watr
- Pasta is handmade to order at this South Beach spot
- Here are four new Miami restaurants to try in August
- Changes to chef, decore at Mimo's Vagabond Kitchen and Bar restaurant
- A look inside new 'hip Peruvian' restaurant in Doral
- This Brickell spot lets you look out over Miami with a cocktail
- Why this sleek Miami Beach restaurant became a pizza and burger joint for the summer
- Why Daniel Boulud's Miami restaurant is going Mediterranean
- A peek at the new Bulla Gastrobar in Doral
- 5 reasons to check out PB Station