Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi
Upscale French-Mediterranean eats across from Joe's Stone Crabs
22 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
The who: Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci, said to be favored by Bill Cosby, Robert De Niro, Mick Jagger and Usher, helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi.
The space: A small, classy dining room outfitted with marble-topped tables, black and white photographs and a swanky communal table.
Outdoors: Generous patio seating across from Joe’s Stone Crab. Tables are outfitted with linens and flowers and the vibe is date-friendly.
The dishes: French-Mediterranean. Lobster and truffles are abundant and prices are high: Starters average $16 and mains $30-$60.
Starters include the Fulci’s famous foie gras with fig jam and truffle, artichoke carpaccio salad and salmon tartar marinated in grapefruit and coriander. Homemade pastas include gnocchi with pine nuts, lobster spaghetti and spinach ravioli.
Mains include sea bass Rossini with seared foie gras, scallops with cauliflower puree and Colorado rack of lamb. Pair with zucchini risotto, truffle fries and truffle pasta shells.
Desserts are presented tableside and include key lime tart, chocolate mousse cake and Napoleon.
The bottom line: A new SoFi spot for date-friendly, upscale French cooking.
- Ironside Pizza is slinging Neapolitan pies in Miami
- Seven Dials gives classic British pub fare a Miami makeover
- Morimoto rolls up to South Beach in style
- Finka fuses Cuban, Korean and Peruvian food in west Miami
- Vintro Kitchen emphasizes seafood in Miami Beach boutique hotel
- Temple Kitchen, a shrine to plant-based foods, opens in South Miami
- Old-school Italian meets South Beach chic at new Il Mulino
- Oyster bar classics and more at new Mignonette
- Holy guacamole: Cantina La Veinte pushes upmarket Mexican food in Miami
- Go hungry, like a wolf, to new Loba in Miami