Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi
Upscale French-Mediterranean eats across from Joe's Stone Crabs
22 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
The who: Michelin-starred chef Michael Fulci, said to be favored by Bill Cosby, Robert De Niro, Mick Jagger and Usher, helms La Maison, a new posh spot in SoFi.
The space: A small, classy dining room outfitted with marble-topped tables, black and white photographs and a swanky communal table.
Outdoors: Generous patio seating across from Joe’s Stone Crab. Tables are outfitted with linens and flowers and the vibe is date-friendly.
The dishes: French-Mediterranean. Lobster and truffles are abundant and prices are high: Starters average $16 and mains $30-$60.
Starters include the Fulci’s famous foie gras with fig jam and truffle, artichoke carpaccio salad and salmon tartar marinated in grapefruit and coriander. Homemade pastas include gnocchi with pine nuts, lobster spaghetti and spinach ravioli.
Mains include sea bass Rossini with seared foie gras, scallops with cauliflower puree and Colorado rack of lamb. Pair with zucchini risotto, truffle fries and truffle pasta shells.
Desserts are presented tableside and include key lime tart, chocolate mousse cake and Napoleon.
The bottom line: A new SoFi spot for date-friendly, upscale French cooking.
- Jean-Georges turns to Latino cooking at new Matador Room in Miami Beach
- Michelle Bernstein's Seagrape serves upscale elegance in new Thompson Hotel
- Say 'Opa!' to new Cleo restaurant in the Redbury Hotel in Miami Beach
- Brasserie Central opens its French doors at Merrick Park in Coral Gables
- Stripsteak at the Fontainebleau is the latest in Michael Mina's South Florida mini-empire
- Tamarina puts coastal Italian flavors in downtown Miami
- Ceviche 105 off to a fresh start in South Beach
- Modern Italian bistro Moye opens in Brickell
- Babylon opens gateway to Turkish cuisine in South Beach
- Ironside Pizza is slinging Neapolitan pies in Miami