Michelin-starred chef Danny Grant helms 1826, South Beach’s latest slick eatery
A swanky spot from a Michelin-starred chef debuts on Collins
The who: Chef Danny Grant, named one of Food & Wine's best new chefs in 2012, helms 1826, South Beach’s latest slick eatery.
The space: A glass-sheathed, four-story tower on Collins Avenue blending a restaurant, lounge and private club. The second-floor dining room features floor-to-ceiling windows, an open kitchen, pod chairs and silver gun lamps.
The dishes: Contemporary American. The menu is divided into "Harvest," "Catch" and "Hunt" sections. Prices can be seductive: Starters range from $8-$18 and mains $18-$65, but each diner should be prepared to order three to four dishes.
Bread service is baked to order and includes a choice of bacon or olive and caramelized onion rolls with lime butter. Starters include Florida avocado salad with grapefruit and hearts of palm; yellowfin tuna tartar with heirloom tomato, black olive and basil; cucumber gazpacho with almonds and gin “snow” and foie gras with St. Germain liquer gelee. Larger plates include black truffle risotto with robiola emulsion, grilled short rib with Jerusalem artichoke and cod with vegetable casserole.
Desserts include deconstructed carrot cake with brown butter ice cream and dark chocolate crémeux with banana, sea salt and caramel ice cream.
The bottom line: A swanky spot from a Michelin-starred chef debuts on Collins.
1826 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
- This new sandwich shop keeps South Beach party going
- Catch some Poke, man: Polynesian flavors at rooftop Watr
- Pasta is handmade to order at this South Beach spot
- Here are four new Miami restaurants to try in August
- Changes to chef, decore at Mimo's Vagabond Kitchen and Bar restaurant
- A look inside new 'hip Peruvian' restaurant in Doral
- This Brickell spot lets you look out over Miami with a cocktail
- Why this sleek Miami Beach restaurant became a pizza and burger joint for the summer
- Why Daniel Boulud's Miami restaurant is going Mediterranean
- A peek at the new Bulla Gastrobar in Doral