Michelin-starred chef Danny Grant helms 1826, South Beach’s latest slick eatery
A swanky spot from a Michelin-starred chef debuts on Collins
1826 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The who: Chef Danny Grant, named one of Food & Wine's best new chefs in 2012, helms 1826, South Beach’s latest slick eatery.
The space: A glass-sheathed, four-story tower on Collins Avenue blending a restaurant, lounge and private club. The second-floor dining room features floor-to-ceiling windows, an open kitchen, pod chairs and silver gun lamps.
The dishes: Contemporary American. The menu is divided into "Harvest," "Catch" and "Hunt" sections. Prices can be seductive: Starters range from $8-$18 and mains $18-$65, but each diner should be prepared to order three to four dishes.
Bread service is baked to order and includes a choice of bacon or olive and caramelized onion rolls with lime butter. Starters include Florida avocado salad with grapefruit and hearts of palm; yellowfin tuna tartar with heirloom tomato, black olive and basil; cucumber gazpacho with almonds and gin “snow” and foie gras with St. Germain liquer gelee. Larger plates include black truffle risotto with robiola emulsion, grilled short rib with Jerusalem artichoke and cod with vegetable casserole.
Desserts include deconstructed carrot cake with brown butter ice cream and dark chocolate crémeux with banana, sea salt and caramel ice cream.
The bottom line: A swanky spot from a Michelin-starred chef debuts on Collins.
- OTC is now Golden Fig with farm-fresh eats
- r+d pop up by jugofresh wants to feed you veggies
- Stephen Starr's The Continental is a Retro Diner in South Beach
- Sugarloaf brings craft cocktails and a Wynwood-y vibe to Sunny Isles
- Michelin-level Momo Sushi pops up at the Mondrian
- Crust brings pizza and late-night delivery to the Miami River
- 9Beach is a lounge/restaurant/bar hailing from the Holy Land
- Small plates and alfresco vibes at Deck Sixteen
- Outrageous desserts and American classics at Sugar Factory
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi