Michelin-starred chef Danny Grant helms 1826, South Beach’s latest slick eatery
A swanky spot from a Michelin-starred chef debuts on Collins
1826 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The who: Chef Danny Grant, named one of Food & Wine's best new chefs in 2012, helms 1826, South Beach’s latest slick eatery.
The space: A glass-sheathed, four-story tower on Collins Avenue blending a restaurant, lounge and private club. The second-floor dining room features floor-to-ceiling windows, an open kitchen, pod chairs and silver gun lamps.
The dishes: Contemporary American. The menu is divided into "Harvest," "Catch" and "Hunt" sections. Prices can be seductive: Starters range from $8-$18 and mains $18-$65, but each diner should be prepared to order three to four dishes.
Bread service is baked to order and includes a choice of bacon or olive and caramelized onion rolls with lime butter. Starters include Florida avocado salad with grapefruit and hearts of palm; yellowfin tuna tartar with heirloom tomato, black olive and basil; cucumber gazpacho with almonds and gin “snow” and foie gras with St. Germain liquer gelee. Larger plates include black truffle risotto with robiola emulsion, grilled short rib with Jerusalem artichoke and cod with vegetable casserole.
Desserts include deconstructed carrot cake with brown butter ice cream and dark chocolate crémeux with banana, sea salt and caramel ice cream.
The bottom line: A swanky spot from a Michelin-starred chef debuts on Collins.
- Fancy Asian tapas and umami cocktails beckon at Kuro
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- Coral Gables gets buzzy over new Spanish restaurant Piripi
- Icy-cool crudo and rocket-hot rocks at Modern Garden in Miami
- New-look STK in Miami Beach is off to a sexy, meaty start
- Zuma's sibling Coya swaggers into Brickell
- Fooq's is dishing out a global bouquet of food in downtown Miami
- Bagatelle brings its rowdy French party to South Beach
- Spanish team goes for high-end Mediterranean food at Klima in Miami Beach