Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
New menu on Mondays
Mondays are looking up.
Restaurant Michael Schwartz at The Raleigh is doing something kinda neat for the first day of the week: a new prix fixe dinner called the Family Meal that starts at 8 p.m. sharp and the rotating menu includes passed hors d'oeuvres and three courses served family-style. All this for just $50.
Prepare to chat as seating is communal and you heap however much food you want on your plate, or get someone to help. No one will be a stranger for long.
The kickoff night featured such offerings as kimchi quesadillas, shrimp toast on points of super thin Pepperidge Farm bread and homemade ricotta and Florida peach jam on a crostini. And that's just for starters.
Diners devoured a whole roasted chicken served with pickled veggies and caramelized swiss chard for their entree.
Dessert? Oh yeah, that's Hedy Goldsmith's arena. Think decadently salty and sweet.
The next Family Meal is set for May 20. Reservations: 305-612-1163; #RMSfamilymeal
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex