Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
New menu on Mondays
Mondays are looking up.
Restaurant Michael Schwartz at The Raleigh is doing something kinda neat for the first day of the week: a new prix fixe dinner called the Family Meal that starts at 8 p.m. sharp and the rotating menu includes passed hors d'oeuvres and three courses served family-style. All this for just $50.
Prepare to chat as seating is communal and you heap however much food you want on your plate, or get someone to help. No one will be a stranger for long.
The kickoff night featured such offerings as kimchi quesadillas, shrimp toast on points of super thin Pepperidge Farm bread and homemade ricotta and Florida peach jam on a crostini. And that's just for starters.
Diners devoured a whole roasted chicken served with pickled veggies and caramelized swiss chard for their entree.
Dessert? Oh yeah, that's Hedy Goldsmith's arena. Think decadently salty and sweet.
The next Family Meal is set for May 20. Reservations: 305-612-1163; #RMSfamilymeal
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street