Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
New menu on Mondays
Mondays are looking up.
Restaurant Michael Schwartz at The Raleigh is doing something kinda neat for the first day of the week: a new prix fixe dinner called the Family Meal that starts at 8 p.m. sharp and the rotating menu includes passed hors d'oeuvres and three courses served family-style. All this for just $50.
Prepare to chat as seating is communal and you heap however much food you want on your plate, or get someone to help. No one will be a stranger for long.
The kickoff night featured such offerings as kimchi quesadillas, shrimp toast on points of super thin Pepperidge Farm bread and homemade ricotta and Florida peach jam on a crostini. And that's just for starters.
Diners devoured a whole roasted chicken served with pickled veggies and caramelized swiss chard for their entree.
Dessert? Oh yeah, that's Hedy Goldsmith's arena. Think decadently salty and sweet.
The next Family Meal is set for May 20. Reservations: 305-612-1163; #RMSfamilymeal
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how