Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
New menu on Mondays
Mondays are looking up.
Restaurant Michael Schwartz at The Raleigh is doing something kinda neat for the first day of the week: a new prix fixe dinner called the Family Meal that starts at 8 p.m. sharp and the rotating menu includes passed hors d'oeuvres and three courses served family-style. All this for just $50.
Prepare to chat as seating is communal and you heap however much food you want on your plate, or get someone to help. No one will be a stranger for long.
The kickoff night featured such offerings as kimchi quesadillas, shrimp toast on points of super thin Pepperidge Farm bread and homemade ricotta and Florida peach jam on a crostini. And that's just for starters.
Diners devoured a whole roasted chicken served with pickled veggies and caramelized swiss chard for their entree.
Dessert? Oh yeah, that's Hedy Goldsmith's arena. Think decadently salty and sweet.
The next Family Meal is set for May 20. Reservations: 305-612-1163; #RMSfamilymeal
On Our Radar
- Jookin with Lil Buck in Miami
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance
- Justin Bieber misses another hearing