Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
New menu on Mondays
Mondays are looking up.
Restaurant Michael Schwartz at The Raleigh is doing something kinda neat for the first day of the week: a new prix fixe dinner called the Family Meal that starts at 8 p.m. sharp and the rotating menu includes passed hors d'oeuvres and three courses served family-style. All this for just $50.
Prepare to chat as seating is communal and you heap however much food you want on your plate, or get someone to help. No one will be a stranger for long.
The kickoff night featured such offerings as kimchi quesadillas, shrimp toast on points of super thin Pepperidge Farm bread and homemade ricotta and Florida peach jam on a crostini. And that's just for starters.
Diners devoured a whole roasted chicken served with pickled veggies and caramelized swiss chard for their entree.
Dessert? Oh yeah, that's Hedy Goldsmith's arena. Think decadently salty and sweet.
The next Family Meal is set for May 20. Reservations: 305-612-1163; #RMSfamilymeal
On Our Radar
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae