Michael Schwartz opening 4th restaurant, The Cypress Room, in early 2013
The Cypress Room will be an "upscale, genuine American tavern"
3620 NE 2nd Ave.
The Miami restaurant scene's best detective, Ryan Roman of Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings, discovered that Michael Schwartz registered a new LLC called 3620 NE 2nd Ave. LLC, named for the address of the former W Wine Bistro on the edge of the Design District. And, unlike other rumors (ahem Trader Joe's) that took exhaustingly forever to confirm, with this bit of buzz that's no rumor comes the confirmation that yes, The Cypress Room, Schwartz's 4th restaurant, will open in early 2013.
Says The Genuine Hospitality Group Brand Director Jackie Sayet, "As the neighborhood moves full steam ahead with high end retail development plans, so is Schwartz . . . with an upscale, genuine American tavern . . . The Cypress Room [will be] welcoming, with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and ambiance."
The Cypress Room joins Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, Harry's Pizzeria and the eventual Schwartz project at The Raleigh (whose sale, incidentally, has been kept remarkably on the down low except for our post on it), as the newest member of the Genuine family. As for which will come first, The Cypress Room or The Raleigh, refer to chicken v. egg.
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more