Michael Schwartz opening 4th restaurant, The Cypress Room, in early 2013
The Cypress Room will be an "upscale, genuine American tavern"
3620 NE 2nd Ave.
The Miami restaurant scene's best detective, Ryan Roman of Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings, discovered that Michael Schwartz registered a new LLC called 3620 NE 2nd Ave. LLC, named for the address of the former W Wine Bistro on the edge of the Design District. And, unlike other rumors (ahem Trader Joe's) that took exhaustingly forever to confirm, with this bit of buzz that's no rumor comes the confirmation that yes, The Cypress Room, Schwartz's 4th restaurant, will open in early 2013.
Says The Genuine Hospitality Group Brand Director Jackie Sayet, "As the neighborhood moves full steam ahead with high end retail development plans, so is Schwartz . . . with an upscale, genuine American tavern . . . The Cypress Room [will be] welcoming, with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and ambiance."
The Cypress Room joins Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, Harry's Pizzeria and the eventual Schwartz project at The Raleigh (whose sale, incidentally, has been kept remarkably on the down low except for our post on it), as the newest member of the Genuine family. As for which will come first, The Cypress Room or The Raleigh, refer to chicken v. egg.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.