Michael Schwartz opening 4th restaurant, The Cypress Room, in early 2013
The Cypress Room will be an "upscale, genuine American tavern"
The Miami restaurant scene's best detective, Ryan Roman of Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings, discovered that Michael Schwartz registered a new LLC called 3620 NE 2nd Ave. LLC, named for the address of the former W Wine Bistro on the edge of the Design District. And, unlike other rumors (ahem Trader Joe's) that took exhaustingly forever to confirm, with this bit of buzz that's no rumor comes the confirmation that yes, The Cypress Room, Schwartz's 4th restaurant, will open in early 2013.
Says The Genuine Hospitality Group Brand Director Jackie Sayet, "As the neighborhood moves full steam ahead with high end retail development plans, so is Schwartz . . . with an upscale, genuine American tavern . . . The Cypress Room [will be] welcoming, with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and ambiance."
The Cypress Room joins Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, Harry's Pizzeria and the eventual Schwartz project at The Raleigh (whose sale, incidentally, has been kept remarkably on the down low except for our post on it), as the newest member of the Genuine family. As for which will come first, The Cypress Room or The Raleigh, refer to chicken v. egg.
3620 NE 2nd Ave.
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown