Michael Schwartz opening 4th restaurant, The Cypress Room, in early 2013
The Cypress Room will be an "upscale, genuine American tavern"
The Miami restaurant scene's best detective, Ryan Roman of Miami's Restaurant Power Rankings, discovered that Michael Schwartz registered a new LLC called 3620 NE 2nd Ave. LLC, named for the address of the former W Wine Bistro on the edge of the Design District. And, unlike other rumors (ahem Trader Joe's) that took exhaustingly forever to confirm, with this bit of buzz that's no rumor comes the confirmation that yes, The Cypress Room, Schwartz's 4th restaurant, will open in early 2013.
Says The Genuine Hospitality Group Brand Director Jackie Sayet, "As the neighborhood moves full steam ahead with high end retail development plans, so is Schwartz . . . with an upscale, genuine American tavern . . . The Cypress Room [will be] welcoming, with a polished finish in sophisticated food, service and ambiance."
The Cypress Room joins Michael's Genuine Food & Drink, Harry's Pizzeria and the eventual Schwartz project at The Raleigh (whose sale, incidentally, has been kept remarkably on the down low except for our post on it), as the newest member of the Genuine family. As for which will come first, The Cypress Room or The Raleigh, refer to chicken v. egg.
3620 NE 2nd Ave.
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"