Miami.com welcomes Noire Miami
Black Miami: Find out what events are taking place in South Florida
The community that makes up Black Miami seems to emerge just a few times a year: Memorial Weekend, Black History Month and …. well if we think long enough we can surely come up with other moments when the Black community gets mainstream media play. Now that has all changed. Welcome Noire Miami, a new Miami.com channel that is dedicated to what's hot and happening in Black Miami.
Noire Miami launched this month. It is led by editor and producer Rochelle Oliver, who has already covered big stories for the online channel. Oliver has written about the Overtown Music Project, local up-and-coming actress Sharon Pierre-Louis, who plays a significant role in Django Unchained (the Quentin Tarantino movie that also stars Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington) to interviews with Arsenio Hall and more. Oliver also gets words of advice from BET Network's CEO Debra Lee (stay tuned for that article). This is just the beginning of what you can expect from Noire Miami, which will continue to grow and include more voices from the community. You will learn more about which celebrities are in town, where the hot places are to party and you can even check out our Sermon Sundays to get weekly motivational tweets from local pastors and spiritual leaders when you follow us at @NoireMiami.
Noire Miami is a partnership between Miami.com (which is currently celebrating its fifth year this month) and Legacy Magazine, which is owned and operated by publisher Dexter Bridgman.
On Monday, Feb. 5, 2013, Miami.com celebrates Noire Miami's launch at Room Service (929 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, the former B.E.D. space) from 7 to 9 p.m. The evening will be hosted by Noire Miami editor Rochelle Oliver and print partner Dexter Bridgeman. Complimentary cocktails will be provided by Moet and Hennessy. A pre-fixed dinner menu will also be available.
- Miami Soul 2016 Black History Month events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul: Florida Memorial University's Homecoming lineup featuring T.I. in concert, tailgating, and more
- Miami International Boat Show celebrates 75th Anniversary bigger & better February 11-15
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Live jazz, beer tastings, and other things to do in South Florida Jan 28 - Jan 31
- GastroWars Knife-Fight Competition & Craft Beer Pairings
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day celebration events and Day of Service projects throughout South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Zo's Winter Groove, Big Night in Little Haiti, Wine & Reggae Festival and more
- Florida Grand Opera debuts rarely-performed opera, Bellini’s Norma
- iPic Theaters opens in North Miami Beach for luxury movie going experience
- Funk Fest kicks off the New Year with live performances by Fantasia, New Edition, Doug E. Fresh and more