Miami.com welcomes Noire Miami
Black Miami: Find out what events are taking place in South Florida
The community that makes up Black Miami seems to emerge just a few times a year: Memorial Weekend, Black History Month and …. well if we think long enough we can surely come up with other moments when the Black community gets mainstream media play. Now that has all changed. Welcome Noire Miami, a new Miami.com channel that is dedicated to what's hot and happening in Black Miami.
Noire Miami launched this month. It is led by editor and producer Rochelle Oliver, who has already covered big stories for the online channel. Oliver has written about the Overtown Music Project, local up-and-coming actress Sharon Pierre-Louis, who plays a significant role in Django Unchained (the Quentin Tarantino movie that also stars Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington) to interviews with Arsenio Hall and more. Oliver also gets words of advice from BET Network's CEO Debra Lee (stay tuned for that article). This is just the beginning of what you can expect from Noire Miami, which will continue to grow and include more voices from the community. You will learn more about which celebrities are in town, where the hot places are to party and you can even check out our Sermon Sundays to get weekly motivational tweets from local pastors and spiritual leaders when you follow us at @NoireMiami.
Noire Miami is a partnership between Miami.com (which is currently celebrating its fifth year this month) and Legacy Magazine, which is owned and operated by publisher Dexter Bridgman.
On Monday, Feb. 5, 2013, Miami.com celebrates Noire Miami's launch at Room Service (929 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, the former B.E.D. space) from 7 to 9 p.m. The evening will be hosted by Noire Miami editor Rochelle Oliver and print partner Dexter Bridgeman. Complimentary cocktails will be provided by Moet and Hennessy. A pre-fixed dinner menu will also be available.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Tis the season for holiday parties
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Diner En Blanc Miami Debut
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Remy Rendezvous Art Basel yacht party
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 2: The party guide for Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 1: Soul Basel, Art Africa, Fusion MIA, and more at Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul: Ultra chic pop-up dining, Diner en Blanc, makes Miami debut
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Reggae Fest, The Reggae Social, and more events
- 3rd Annual Art of Transformation: A series of artistic events celebrating the revitalization of Opa-locka
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Oprah's The Life You Want weekend & Covergirl Breakfast Power Meetup
- Emeline Michel holds benefit concert to benefit school in Haiti