Miami.com Father's Day Gift Guide 2012
Some ideas on what to get dad
Happy Father's Day. Looking for some gift ideas for dear (old) dad? Here are some from Miami.com
1 & 2. If daddy loves labels, he'll adore this Louis Vuitton LV Cup Damier Beach Towel or Tambour LV Cup Automatic Countdown watch (prices available upon request). Available at Louis Vuitton at Aventura Mall, 19501 Biscayne Boulevard, Aventura; www.louisvuitton.com
3. Denim devotees will adore the G-Star RAW Arc 3D Loose Tapered Jeans ($220). Why? Each pair gives the perfect fit for any shape. Available at G-Star Raw at Aventura Mall, 19501 Biscayne Boulevard, Aventura; shop.g-star.com
4. For the outdoorsman and athlete, these Prada Sport sunglasses ($230) are so practical; he won’t even know he’s the most stylish guy on the court! Available at Sunglass Hut stores.
5. For the daddy who has it all, how about a Tiffany & Co. engraved sterling silver money clip ($170)? Yes, please. Available at Tiffany & Co. at Bal Harbour Shops, 9700 Collins Avenue, Bal Harbour; www.tiffany.com
6. If daddy loves the sun and surf, give him the gift of paddleboarding! Sessions at The Standard Miami Beach by TKS Miami ($40 for non-members, $30 members) are a must try. Available at The Standard Spa, Miami Beach, 40 Island Avenue, Miami Beach; 305-704-3945; www.standardhotels.com.
7. For the edgy dad, locally made N&K Designs' skull bracelets ($45 each) are the perfect accessory with a rock n' roll feel. Available by clicking here.
8. For the music lover, Fanny Wang’s sleek 1000 series On-Ear headphones ($169.95) are great for the man on the go. Available in a variety of fresh colors — and best of all — the duo jack cord allows people to share music. www.fannywang.com
9. Skip basic black and go for personality with a personalized needlepoint cover for his iPad ($50) and Nook-Kindle ($40). Each features an intricate wool needlepoint design on the front with an interior sleeve to protect the screen. Add a monogram for only $6. Available at landsend.com.
10. Whether dad loves to be pampered or needs a hint that his feet and toenails need some love, Ritz-Carlton Spa, South Beach has the solution. The Father’s Day "Cure" ($85 plus gratuity) provides fathers with a chance to relax and kick-back enjoying a DiLido man-icure and pedicure and choice of one complimentary beer. Available the entire month of June; call 786-276-4000 for reservations.
11. If papa loves fast cars, this Porsche duffle bag ($230) is both sporty and luxe. Available at The Collection, 200 Bird Road, Coral Gables.
12. This Nixon timepiece ($150) will make any punctual dad happy. Made of stainless steel and waterproof up to 100 meters, the simple, minimal watch face tells time without all the number-clutter, and the all-black version comes with a black titanium carbide coating. Available at Morris & Co. at Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach.
13. For the bold dad, who enjoys dark rum, a bottle of Captain Morgan Black is a tasty choice ($21.99). He'll savor cinnamon, clove, and hints of warm spice and vanilla in this classic Caribbean Blackstrap rum. Good on the rocks or for an edgy twist on classic cocktails such as an Old Fashioned. Available at El Gato Tuerto, 1200 SW 8th St. Miami.
- Rachel Zoe Interview
- Eberjey Sample Sale!
- SoulCycle Opening In Miami
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store
- Diane von Furstenberg to Visit Books & Books and Aventura Mall
- Art Basel Shopping & Fashion Events Guide
- Hola, Webster Cabana at St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- U.S. Polo Assn. Pop-Up Event at University of Miami
- Meet Veronica Beard Designers
- Black Friday and Holiday Season Mall Hours