Miami.com Celebrates 5-Year Anniversary with Parties, Dinners
RSVP to join in on the fun and mark the milestone
Hard to believe that five years ago, when then Sen. Barack Obama was campaigning for the Democratic nomination, Fidel Castro had stepped down after 49 years as Cuba's president, and the New York Giants had ended the New England Patriots chance at a perfect season in the Super Bowl, The Miami Herald launched Miami.com, its events, entertainment and lifestyle website.
Now five years later, even with gas prices still hovering around $4 a gallon, Miami.com is hitting its stride, coming off its most successful year of web traffic.
So to celebrate the milestone anniversary we aren't throwing just one party. This is Miami, after all. We are throwing several parties from Feb. 13 - 18, ranging from cocktail hours to nightclub nights. We are also planning two special dinner events at Oak Tavern on Saturday, Feb. 16 and Eating House on Monday, Feb. 18.
As always, YOU are invited. All you need to do is RSVP and enjoy. Below are more details.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 13
Craft cocktails at the Regent Cocktail Club
Gale Hotel, 1690 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Hosted by Clink! cocktail writer Galena Mosovich. Enjoy classic drinks from 7 – 9 p.m. Spirits by Bacardi.
FRIDAY, FEB. 15
Weekend Happy Hour at Haven Lounge
1237 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
Hosted by celebrity photographer Manny Hernandez and honoring the Weekend section. Complimentary drinks and special dinner menu from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Spirits by Wodka Vodka and Alibi American Whiskey
FRIDAY, FEB. 15
Party Patrol night at Story nightclub
136 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Hosted by Ms. Vique and featuring DJ Tommy Trash. Complimentary guest list and cocktails from 11 p.m. – midnight. Spirits by Bacardi Superior and Oakheart rum.
MONDAY, FEB. 18
Noire Miami launch party at Room Service
929 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Hosted by Rochelle Oliver and Dexter Bridgeman. Complimentary cocktails and special dinner menu from 7 – 9 p.m. Spirits by Moet Nectar Imperial.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Armin Van Buuren leaves his mark at Miami Music Week 2014