Miami.com Celebrates 5-Year Anniversary with Parties, Dinners
RSVP to join in on the fun and mark the milestone
Hard to believe that five years ago, when then Sen. Barack Obama was campaigning for the Democratic nomination, Fidel Castro had stepped down after 49 years as Cuba's president, and the New York Giants had ended the New England Patriots chance at a perfect season in the Super Bowl, The Miami Herald launched Miami.com, its events, entertainment and lifestyle website.
Now five years later, even with gas prices still hovering around $4 a gallon, Miami.com is hitting its stride, coming off its most successful year of web traffic.
So to celebrate the milestone anniversary we aren't throwing just one party. This is Miami, after all. We are throwing several parties from Feb. 13 - 18, ranging from cocktail hours to nightclub nights. We are also planning two special dinner events at Oak Tavern on Saturday, Feb. 16 and Eating House on Monday, Feb. 18.
As always, YOU are invited. All you need to do is RSVP and enjoy. Below are more details.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 13
Craft cocktails at the Regent Cocktail Club
Gale Hotel, 1690 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Hosted by Clink! cocktail writer Galena Mosovich. Enjoy classic drinks from 7 – 9 p.m. Spirits by Bacardi.
FRIDAY, FEB. 15
Weekend Happy Hour at Haven Lounge
1237 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
Hosted by celebrity photographer Manny Hernandez and honoring the Weekend section. Complimentary drinks and special dinner menu from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Spirits by Wodka Vodka and Alibi American Whiskey
FRIDAY, FEB. 15
Party Patrol night at Story nightclub
136 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Hosted by Ms. Vique and featuring DJ Tommy Trash. Complimentary guest list and cocktails from 11 p.m. – midnight. Spirits by Bacardi Superior and Oakheart rum.
MONDAY, FEB. 18
Noire Miami launch party at Room Service
929 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Hosted by Rochelle Oliver and Dexter Bridgeman. Complimentary cocktails and special dinner menu from 7 – 9 p.m. Spirits by Moet Nectar Imperial.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 25-27
- Florida band Anberlin says goodbye at Vans Warped Tour
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach