Miami.com 2013 Holiday Gift Guide
Gift ideas for (almost) everyone on your list this upcoming holiday season
1. Get ready to feel like you are at a concert, but from the comfort of your airline seat or favorite recliner at home. Modeled after JBL’s famed professional audio systems, the JBL Synchros S700 headphones deliver dynamic sound with unmatched clarity. Featuring a die-cast aluminum frame coupled with soft, leather ear cushions, the headphones are available in two colors: Onyx and Glacier. Additional features include: a rechargeable battery; LiveStage signal processing for an increased soundstage and room-like experience; a detachable cable design with iOS three-button remote/microphone cable and universal three-button remote/microphone cable. Available at www.jbl.com with free shipping. ($349)
2. For the tech obsessed, this paradise-inspired Prada iPad mini case will have their gear protected — and dreaming of Miami's sun-drenched beaches, naturally. $410. Select Prada boutiques and Prada.com.
3. DJ Lance Rock, Muno, Plex, Foofa, Toodee and Brobee, called. They want you to buy these Vans X Yo Gabba Gabba kicks for your kids. $40. Vans.com.
4. Forget gifting the men in your life run-of-the-mill ties. These handmade holiday-themed bow ties by Beau Ties Ltd of Vermont are the perfect blend of quirk, holiday cheer and swag. $45. beautiesltd.com.
5. Knock her out — literally — with this pave five-finger knuckle ring by Edie Borogo. Available exclusively at The Webster, this limited-editiion accessory packs a powerful punch! Price available upon request. The Webster, 1220 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.
6. This gift is so clutch! For handbag hoarders, this vibrantly colored and spacious snakeskin purse by Miami-based Vintage Reign simply must slither into her hands. $420. Vintagereign.com.
7. For a gift that's both fashionable and philanthropic, a yummy-to-the-touch Momista tee is IT. The feel-good factor? A percentage of sales is donated to The Healthy Start Coalition of Miami-Dade. Love that! $28. momistainc.com.
8. Take that coffee table from drab to fab with this assortment of jewel-toned Agate coasters. Consummate entertainers will adore this one-of-a kind find from Miami-based e-retailer, Shop HDB. $45. www.shophdb.com.
9. Life's a beach 365 days a year in Miami, fellas. Don't wear ugly swim shorts. Onia brand swim suits come in an array of prints with an expert fit comprised of superior fabrics. Starting at $120. Soho Beach House, Base, The Delano, Atrium, W Hotel, Saks, Barney's, Scoop, Ritz Carlton South Beach, Intercontinental South Beach; onia.com.
10. Feeling, er, thorny? Fret not as Washington winery Thorny Rose and Brooklyn-born boutique, In God We Trust, teamed up to create a limited-edition IGWT x Thorny Rose wine flask. The size makes it perfect for holiday party hopping (holding approximately 2 glasses of wine). Even merrier, 100 percent of proceeds will benefit the Waves for Water organization. $60. www.ingodwetrustnyc.com.
11. For the lady who has it all, this Cartier Paris Nouvelle Vague Ring composed of 18k rose gold, diamonds and pink sapphires will convince her she needs just one more thing. This gem. $24,000. Available at the Cartier boutique in Aventura Mall.
12. Yogis, dancers and greenies alike will go gaga for Buddha Pants. The added bonus? These harem pant-inspired bottoms are 100 percent organic cotton, amazingly comfortable, versatile and created by local ladies. Love that! $75. www.buddhapants.com
13. Sonos wireless music system. The latest member to join the group is the smaller PLAY:1, a compact and powerful wireless speaker that transforms music listening at home. PLAY:1, as well as the larger PLAY:3 and PLAY:5 speakers and the PLAYBAR for the television, streams all your favorite music to any room in the home, in high fidelity sound. Pandora in the kitchen? Spotify in the family room? Slacker in the bathroom? Now there is no excuse to fill your house with music. Available on Sonos.com and Best Buy for $199 (PLAY:1).
14. Supply & Advise (3322 N. Miami Ave., Miami) is the exclusive Miami stockist for Alden of New England shoes, the Massachusetts-based designer and producer of handmade shoes in North America. Alden's feature the finest leathers, a tempered steel shank and a lifetime guarantee against defects of materials or workmanship. Seen here, the Alden Chukka Boot in suede.
- Pop-Up Spas are Now a Thing...
- Upper Buena Vista to Up its BoHo Retail Game
- Hollywood Stars Love This Treatment. You Will Too
- Best Balayage in Miami: Gabriel Samra Hair Salon
- Behold the Uber of Nail Salons, Miami
- Where to eat and what to do in Cauley Square
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- Where to get $109 spa treatments through October
- For the Love of Frida Kahlo — and her Fashionista Ways
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas