Miamian wins national pie prize
4/20/2011Miami-Dade school psychologist and recipe-contest maven Naylet LaRochelle continued her winner ways earlier this month, taking home the $2,000 top prize in the amateur division at the 17th annual American Pie Council Crisco National Pie Championships in Orlando. LaRochelle, who was a finalist in this year’s Man-O-Manischewitz Cook-Off and finished in the money at last year’s Sutter Home Build a Better Burger contest, won the Crisco competition with a recipe titled My Big Fat Italian Strawberry-Basil Wedding Pie. Check it out at www.piecouncil.org.
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Eat the best of the wurst at Bavaria Haus in Bayside Marketplace
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1