Miamian wins national pie prize
4/20/2011Miami-Dade school psychologist and recipe-contest maven Naylet LaRochelle continued her winner ways earlier this month, taking home the $2,000 top prize in the amateur division at the 17th annual American Pie Council Crisco National Pie Championships in Orlando. LaRochelle, who was a finalist in this year’s Man-O-Manischewitz Cook-Off and finished in the money at last year’s Sutter Home Build a Better Burger contest, won the Crisco competition with a recipe titled My Big Fat Italian Strawberry-Basil Wedding Pie. Check it out at www.piecouncil.org.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- Brew in Miami: Mother Earth Cali Creamin'
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez