Miamian wins national pie prize
4/20/2011Miami-Dade school psychologist and recipe-contest maven Naylet LaRochelle continued her winner ways earlier this month, taking home the $2,000 top prize in the amateur division at the 17th annual American Pie Council Crisco National Pie Championships in Orlando. LaRochelle, who was a finalist in this year’s Man-O-Manischewitz Cook-Off and finished in the money at last year’s Sutter Home Build a Better Burger contest, won the Crisco competition with a recipe titled My Big Fat Italian Strawberry-Basil Wedding Pie. Check it out at www.piecouncil.org.
- Burger Beast's Croquetapalooza to showcase one of Miami's favorite comfort foods
- What's the Best? 5 Choice Cheese Shops in Miami and Broward
- Food at Red Velvet in Sunny Isles goes way beyond froyo
- The Miami Spice List: Best Menu Choices
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Two stars for priced-right pizzas and pastas at La Gazzetta in Miami
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables