Miami's Michelle Bernstein cooks for charity on May 20
As a thank-you, NPH USA named one of its Mexican goats Michelle.
Faces of Hope Luncheon
with Michelle Bernstein
When: Noon on Tuesday, May 20
Where: Coral Gables Country Club
997 N. Greenway Dr., Coral Gables
Tickets: $75 a person
Miami chef Michelle Bernstein volunteered to cook for this year's annual fundraising luncheon for NPH USA, a nonprofit that supports disadvantaged children in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Taking place May 20 at the Coral Gables Country Club, the lunch will include appetizers like mini tostadas with tuna ceviche and chilled corn sippers with ancho chile, a main dish of pulled chicken with mole, guacamole and toasted pumpkin seeds, and a cheese flan with churros for dessert.
To thank her for her efforts, the children at NPH's group home in Mexico named one of its dairy goats Michelle. She helps to provide milk for the home's more than 750 residents.
Tickets to the Faces of Hope Luncheon are $75 a person and $700 for a table of 10. Reservations and more information are available at NPHUSA.org.
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood
- New restaurants move in to Miami: Il Mulino, Bistro BE, Mignonette
- Power through lunch with Miami's best express-lunch options
- Eat, drink and toast Bastille Day Monday, July 14
- The List: Eating around Miami with Dewey LoSasso
- North Miami bakery to get 'rescued' on TLC show
- Palms Hotel in Miami Beach rolls out Yoga, Spa and Garden Dinner series
- Jefe's Original Soul Shack officially open in North Miami