Miami's Michelle Bernstein cooks for charity on May 20
As a thank-you, NPH USA named one of its Mexican goats Michelle.
Faces of Hope Luncheon
with Michelle Bernstein
When: Noon on Tuesday, May 20
Where: Coral Gables Country Club
997 N. Greenway Dr., Coral Gables
Tickets: $75 a person
Miami chef Michelle Bernstein volunteered to cook for this year's annual fundraising luncheon for NPH USA, a nonprofit that supports disadvantaged children in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Taking place May 20 at the Coral Gables Country Club, the lunch will include appetizers like mini tostadas with tuna ceviche and chilled corn sippers with ancho chile, a main dish of pulled chicken with mole, guacamole and toasted pumpkin seeds, and a cheese flan with churros for dessert.
To thank her for her efforts, the children at NPH's group home in Mexico named one of its dairy goats Michelle. She helps to provide milk for the home's more than 750 residents.
Tickets to the Faces of Hope Luncheon are $75 a person and $700 for a table of 10. Reservations and more information are available at NPHUSA.org.
- Siena Tavern closes after six months in South Beach
- Swine Southern seeks new top chef as Jacob Anaya leaves Miami for California
- Saffron Supper Club lands at Bocce in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl