Miami's Michelle Bernstein cooks for charity on May 20
As a thank-you, NPH USA named one of its Mexican goats Michelle.
Miami chef Michelle Bernstein volunteered to cook for this year's annual fundraising luncheon for NPH USA, a nonprofit that supports disadvantaged children in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Taking place May 20 at the Coral Gables Country Club, the lunch will include appetizers like mini tostadas with tuna ceviche and chilled corn sippers with ancho chile, a main dish of pulled chicken with mole, guacamole and toasted pumpkin seeds, and a cheese flan with churros for dessert.
To thank her for her efforts, the children at NPH's group home in Mexico named one of its dairy goats Michelle. She helps to provide milk for the home's more than 750 residents.
Tickets to the Faces of Hope Luncheon are $75 a person and $700 for a table of 10. Reservations and more information are available at NPHUSA.org.
Faces of Hope Luncheon
with Michelle Bernstein
When: Noon on Tuesday, May 20
Where: Coral Gables Country Club
997 N. Greenway Dr., Coral Gables
Tickets: $75 a person
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral