Miami's Michelle Bernstein cooks for charity on May 20
As a thank-you, NPH USA named one of its Mexican goats Michelle.
Faces of Hope Luncheon
with Michelle Bernstein
When: Noon on Tuesday, May 20
Where: Coral Gables Country Club
997 N. Greenway Dr., Coral Gables
Tickets: $75 a person
Miami chef Michelle Bernstein volunteered to cook for this year's annual fundraising luncheon for NPH USA, a nonprofit that supports disadvantaged children in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Taking place May 20 at the Coral Gables Country Club, the lunch will include appetizers like mini tostadas with tuna ceviche and chilled corn sippers with ancho chile, a main dish of pulled chicken with mole, guacamole and toasted pumpkin seeds, and a cheese flan with churros for dessert.
To thank her for her efforts, the children at NPH's group home in Mexico named one of its dairy goats Michelle. She helps to provide milk for the home's more than 750 residents.
Tickets to the Faces of Hope Luncheon are $75 a person and $700 for a table of 10. Reservations and more information are available at NPHUSA.org.
- River Seafood & Oyster Bar to move down the Miami River
- Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
- St. Louis-based Pi Pizzeria opening this year in South Beach
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22