Divorce party at Riviera Hotel
Summer isn't just for weddings
Holy acrimony! Birds do it, bees do it, Hollywood couples do it (hello Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith).
Proving there is a means to an end, The Riviera Hotel, 2000 Liberty Ave., is the place to be from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, for a Divorce Party. Yep Hosted by so called divorce coach Debbie Martinez, the party will feature live music, food, drinks and a candlelit vigil for a ring funeral in which revelers will bury their wedding rings in a "keepsake divorce wedding ring casket."
Women are also encouraged to bring their old wedding gowns to trade them for a "moving on box," featuring 10 kitschy divorce-related tchotchkes that aren't valuable enough to be involved in the split, but amusing enough to make said split something worth chuckling about.
The event is free. Info: http://thepowerofdivorcecoach.com
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz