Divorce party at Riviera Hotel
Summer isn't just for weddings
Holy acrimony! Birds do it, bees do it, Hollywood couples do it (hello Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith).
Proving there is a means to an end, The Riviera Hotel, 2000 Liberty Ave., is the place to be from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, for a Divorce Party. Yep Hosted by so called divorce coach Debbie Martinez, the party will feature live music, food, drinks and a candlelit vigil for a ring funeral in which revelers will bury their wedding rings in a "keepsake divorce wedding ring casket."
Women are also encouraged to bring their old wedding gowns to trade them for a "moving on box," featuring 10 kitschy divorce-related tchotchkes that aren't valuable enough to be involved in the split, but amusing enough to make said split something worth chuckling about.
The event is free. Info: http://thepowerofdivorcecoach.com
On Our Radar
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie