Divorce party at Riviera Hotel
Summer isn't just for weddings
Holy acrimony! Birds do it, bees do it, Hollywood couples do it (hello Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith).
Proving there is a means to an end, The Riviera Hotel, 2000 Liberty Ave., is the place to be from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, for a Divorce Party. Yep Hosted by so called divorce coach Debbie Martinez, the party will feature live music, food, drinks and a candlelit vigil for a ring funeral in which revelers will bury their wedding rings in a "keepsake divorce wedding ring casket."
Women are also encouraged to bring their old wedding gowns to trade them for a "moving on box," featuring 10 kitschy divorce-related tchotchkes that aren't valuable enough to be involved in the split, but amusing enough to make said split something worth chuckling about.
The event is free. Info: http://thepowerofdivorcecoach.com
On Our Radar
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.