Miami teenager to appear on Army Wives
Give it up for a local who is making it big in Hollywood. Ella Wahlestedt, 14, of Miami, was recently cast as Caroline Hall on Lifetime’s “Army Wives.” Her role is described as a bratty pain in the neck. She comes from a broken family and has a lot of anger. Caroline takes it all out on her stepmom (The Vampire Diaries vet, Torrey DeVitto), because she blames her for her parents' divorce. This is opposite of her real life situation. Ella's mother, Lisa, a doctor, travels with her between multiple cities for casting opportunities and spends her time overseeing her daughter’s career. “I was sitting at my computer when Ella came to me and said, ‘Mom, I think I want to be an actor.’ My heart dropped,” Lisa says. “It was not because she chose acting. It was because being a doctor, I didn’t know how to help her.” Her dad, Claes, an M.D. and Ph.D., is a drug discovery pioneer on University of Miami’s Miller School faculty. A professor who runs the epigenetics lab, he would have preferred Ella to study math and science. “But I get queasy around blood,” Ella says. “It’s not for me.” Season Seven premieres on March 10.
On Our Radar
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Enrique Iglesias & Anna Kournikova's romantic date
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union: man and wife
- HGTV’s David Bromstad whips up new Coffee-mate bottle designs
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's