Miami Swim Week: It's getting way hot out there
Better to be inside
Saturday was a scorcher for attendees of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week: Swim. But models were loving it. They barely wore anything at all. At the Swim Soiree presented by Hawaiian Tropic Sun Care poolside at the Raleigh, VIPs visited tents filled with various sponsors. While the beats pounded, you could get your photo taken in front of a fancy Hawaiian Tropic backboard, sip Chambord, try Tresemme haircare or enter to win a swimsuit by Vitamin A. Over at the Lifestyle Retreat Lounge at the Shelbourne Hotel, insiders got a taste of Sweet & Tipsy cupcakes, treats with a little bit of an alcoholic edge, plus exceedingly refreshing rose wine by Whispering Angel. Sports Illustrated model Julie Henderson popped by; Karina Smirnoff and Beyonce were both invited and expected.
On Our Radar
- Delray Beach rapper J Rand keeping it real in South Florida
- Pitbull isn't just Mr. 305, he's Mr. Florida
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino