Miami Summer Hotel Spotlight: Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
Miami's Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne offers a variety of special packages and programming through the end of summer and beyond
Whether it’s a late summer family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an easy escape from the chaos of the city, the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami offers another world just a short drive across the Rickenbacker Causeway from Miami’s bustling financial district. With a landscape that’s more Florida Keys than Miami metropolitan, a sense of relaxation sets in as soon as the downtown high rises are in your rearview mirror and the aquamarine waters of Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean surround you.
The crowning jewel of this island retreat is the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami. With 450 luxury guest rooms, four globally inspired restaurants, two pools, the largest tennis center of any Ritz, a spa, and private beach with a variety of water sports on offer, it’s an all-encompassing resort that invites you to unwind in its lush environs. Its close proximity to Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, Crandon Park, and Virginia Key Historic Beach Park makes it the perfect destination for lovers of the outdoors and the water.
With summer winding down, there’s still time to take advantage of special offers now through September 30 with both the Summer Beach Package and Family Package.
Summer Beach Package includes:
- Valet parking, Internet access, unlimited use of beach chairs and umbrellas
- Rates start at $269 per night
Family Package includes:
- Daily $75 resort credit
- Complimentary kids meal with purchase of adult entrée
- Rates start at $299 per night
For those looking for an escape later in the year, the Discover with You Package is available until December 31, and includes:
- Daily $100 resort credit
- Daily American breakfast for two
- Island welcome gift
- Admission for two to Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park
- Rates start at $429 per night
Spinning in the Moonlight
Become one with the universe and get in touch with your inner athlete during the monthly Full Moon Spin Class outside on the resort’s Grand Lawn. With its position overlooking the Atlantic, class starts as the sunsets behind you and the full moon rises over the ocean. Class costs $25 per person, and includes ice cold towels and water to cool down after an intense session. The next class is Tuesday August 20th and you can reserve by calling 305-365-4157.
Take a stroll through the resort and discover a seasonal installation of eight museum-quality sculptures by international artists from local Elaine Baker Gallery. The works are found both inside and out, and a self-guided audio tour is available by scanning a QR code at each sculpture. Find something you really love? All of the works are available for purchase.
Limited Edition Signature Rum
Tucked away inside the resort’s lobby, you’ll find Rum Bar, a dimly lit, Old Havana-inspired bar lounge with supple leather furniture and overhead fans. It’s also home to an extensive selection of rums. Director of Restaurants Omar Saad recently traveled to Barbados, home of the Mount Gay distillery, one of the oldest producers of rum. There, he worked to create specially crafted single- and double-barrel rums exclusive to the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne. With only 324 bottles in existence, you can order a drink with it, or purchase a bottle for $250 while supplies last.
455 Grand Bay Dr., Key Biscayne
- For an adventurous & luxurious escape, head to the Caribbean island of Nevis
- 7 Best Miami Spice Menus for Vegetarian Diners
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Beach Right Now
- Ultimate Guide to Fitness & Wellness at Miami Hotels
- Elevate your game at the best Miami rooftop bars
- Where to Eat Lunch in South Miami Right Now
- Spend the night in one of Miami's poshest penthouses
- 7 Family Friendly Things to Do in Orlando That Are Not Disney
- 9 Best South Beach Budget Hotels
- How to unwind this summer on Florida's other coast, in Naples