Miami street artist Claudio Picasso unveils new series of portraits paired with food by Chef Jeremiah at GAB Studios in Wynwood
The one-night only art + food collaboration is free and open to the public Thursday, May 15 at GAB Studios
Miami street artist Claudio Picasso is hosting a one-night only solo exhibition at GAB Studios in Wynwood at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15. Picasso, aka CP1, is a self-proclaimed "multimedia librarian." His hyper-realistic works with spray paint capture his subjects' stoicism in spite of the tumultuous reality of their respective eras. "Slices," his latest series of portraits, was inspired by what he discovered in the Library of Congress’ early photographic archives (1845-1919).
Chef Jeremiah (Bullfrog), whose innovative sandwiches can be found at his throwback sub shop dubbed "Subatomic" inside the Wolfsonian museum’s gift shop on South Beach, will be cooking to help transform the evening into "an interactive art spectacle" as he presents his culinary interpretation of CP1's portraiture.
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Indestructible Lee Miller opens at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art launches bassX with Rachel Harrison
- Accessible Art: AIRIE raises funds for Wild Billboards and Cesar Santos unveils new works in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Ruben Ubiera completes new mural for Broward County’s VisualEYES and Gallery Diet announces move out of Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Fontainebleau Miami Beach unveils The Frank Sinatra Photo Gallery and photographer Cendino Temé's work is on view at the Black Archives
- Accessible Art: Collabo5 at the Bakehouse Art Complex in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Bass Museum of Art offers free classes and DEMI's work is on view at Miami International Airport
- Accessible Art: Carlos Betancourt and Alberto Latorre build a sculpture for the new Animal Services Adoption Center and PAMM opens an aviary
- Accessible Art: The Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show announces ambassador artists and Art Basel launches revamped website