Miami street artist Claudio Picasso unveils new series of portraits paired with food by Chef Jeremiah at GAB Studios in Wynwood
The one-night only art + food collaboration is free and open to the public Thursday, May 15 at GAB Studios
Miami street artist Claudio Picasso is hosting a one-night only solo exhibition at GAB Studios in Wynwood at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15. Picasso, aka CP1, is a self-proclaimed "multimedia librarian." His hyper-realistic works with spray paint capture his subjects' stoicism in spite of the tumultuous reality of their respective eras. "Slices," his latest series of portraits, was inspired by what he discovered in the Library of Congress’ early photographic archives (1845-1919).
Chef Jeremiah (Bullfrog), whose innovative sandwiches can be found at his throwback sub shop dubbed "Subatomic" inside the Wolfsonian museum’s gift shop on South Beach, will be cooking to help transform the evening into "an interactive art spectacle" as he presents his culinary interpretation of CP1's portraiture.
- Accessible Art: New York-based curator Thomas J. Lax unveils new show at Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and FEAST Miami pops up at Emerson Dorsch Gallery for local art projects
- Accessible Art: Miami's own Jillian Mayer to exhibit at La Biennale de Montréal and Cannonball announces open call for local residency program
- Gapingvoid: an art business with a purpose
- Preservationists: Bay Harbor Islands' MiMo architecture in ‘danger'
- Accessible Art: São Paulo-based artist Laura Vinci unveils “Untitled" and The Museum of Discovery and Science and the Stranahan House present “The Great South Florida History Mystery Weekend”
- Accessible Art: Craig Robins reveals personal art collection to PAMM Contemporaries and the Downtown Hollywood Mural Project commissions Miami artist Krave
- ArtCenter/South Florida announced plans to sell one of its Lincoln Road sites
- Muse of the Month: Artist Gustavo Oviedo
- Accessible Art: Provocative paintings by Hernan Bas at the de la Cruz Collection and "Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case" plays at O Cinema Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Jeffrey Noble unveils new paintings at Butter Gallery and the YoungArts Salon Series hosts Justin Peck and Sufjan Stevens