Miami street artist Claudio Picasso unveils new series of portraits paired with food by Chef Jeremiah at GAB Studios in Wynwood
The one-night only art + food collaboration is free and open to the public Thursday, May 15 at GAB Studios
Miami street artist Claudio Picasso is hosting a one-night only solo exhibition at GAB Studios in Wynwood at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15. Picasso, aka CP1, is a self-proclaimed "multimedia librarian." His hyper-realistic works with spray paint capture his subjects' stoicism in spite of the tumultuous reality of their respective eras. "Slices," his latest series of portraits, was inspired by what he discovered in the Library of Congress’ early photographic archives (1845-1919).
Chef Jeremiah (Bullfrog), whose innovative sandwiches can be found at his throwback sub shop dubbed "Subatomic" inside the Wolfsonian museum’s gift shop on South Beach, will be cooking to help transform the evening into "an interactive art spectacle" as he presents his culinary interpretation of CP1's portraiture.
- Accessible Art: The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU seeks nominees for Breaking the Glass Ceiling Awards and Yo Miami presents "Body & Soul"
- Accessible Art: Nari Ward retrospective opens at PAMM and The Art and Culture Center of Hollywood unveils five new exhibits
- Accessible Art: DCOTA in Dania Beach hosts interior design expo and ArtSpace/Virginia Miller Galleries celebrates 42nd season
- Accessible Art: The Art of Transformation kicks off in Opa-locka and Winter Park's Art on the Green spotlights seven Miami artists
- Accessible Art: A sleepover at PAMM and Katsuya unveils Japanese-inspired mural by Jose Mertz
- NEWT Miami: Experiments in Light, Color & Sound debuts in November
- Accessible Art: A Benjamin Cañas show at New World Gallery and #Saveartspace announces open call
- Accessible Art: Advance tickets go on sale for Science Art Cinema: Fear and Philodendron opens at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Accessible Art: Faena Art Open Call and new exhibits at Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Indestructible Lee Miller opens at NSU Art Museum and Bass Museum of Art launches bassX with Rachel Harrison