Miami street artist Claudio Picasso unveils new series of portraits paired with food by Chef Jeremiah at GAB Studios in Wynwood
The one-night only art + food collaboration is free and open to the public Thursday, May 15 at GAB Studios
Miami street artist Claudio Picasso is hosting a one-night only solo exhibition at GAB Studios in Wynwood at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15. Picasso, aka CP1, is a self-proclaimed "multimedia librarian." His hyper-realistic works with spray paint capture his subjects' stoicism in spite of the tumultuous reality of their respective eras. "Slices," his latest series of portraits, was inspired by what he discovered in the Library of Congress’ early photographic archives (1845-1919).
Chef Jeremiah (Bullfrog), whose innovative sandwiches can be found at his throwback sub shop dubbed "Subatomic" inside the Wolfsonian museum’s gift shop on South Beach, will be cooking to help transform the evening into "an interactive art spectacle" as he presents his culinary interpretation of CP1's portraiture.
- Accessible Art: Tickets for YoungArts Week and Tea and Art History at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
- Accessible Art: Compelling new works at Emerson Dorsch Gallery and Broward Cultural Division’s major call to artists
- For art aficionados, a new Wynwood emerges to the north
- Accessible Art: Ruth and Marvin Sackner awarded Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Jorge Blanco exhibits at O. Ascanio Gallery in Wynwood
- Artist Daniel Arsham predicts the future at Locust Projects
- Accessible Art: Meetinghouse gallery opens downtown, Curators come together at the Bass Museum, and Seth Browarnik's photography reveals the art of rum-making
- Rediscover 'The Lost Art of Letter Writing' at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Accessible Art: The Scholl Lecture Series at PAMM welcomes NY artist Gary Simmons and an 'Urban MATERs' anti-gala fundraiser pops up in Wynwood
- Accessible Art: Prominent collector Martin Z. Margulies shares photography archives at NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale and Sebastiao Salgado tackles preservation at Dina Mitrani Gallery in Wynwood
- Buying art is just the first step. You have to make it last.