Miami street artist Claudio Picasso unveils new series of portraits paired with food by Chef Jeremiah at GAB Studios in Wynwood
The one-night only art + food collaboration is free and open to the public Thursday, May 15 at GAB Studios
Miami street artist Claudio Picasso is hosting a one-night only solo exhibition at GAB Studios in Wynwood at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 15. Picasso, aka CP1, is a self-proclaimed "multimedia librarian." His hyper-realistic works with spray paint capture his subjects' stoicism in spite of the tumultuous reality of their respective eras. "Slices," his latest series of portraits, was inspired by what he discovered in the Library of Congress’ early photographic archives (1845-1919).
Chef Jeremiah (Bullfrog), whose innovative sandwiches can be found at his throwback sub shop dubbed "Subatomic" inside the Wolfsonian museum’s gift shop on South Beach, will be cooking to help transform the evening into "an interactive art spectacle" as he presents his culinary interpretation of CP1's portraiture.
- Art Review: ‘Pastures Green, & Dark Satanic Mills: The British Passion for Landscape’ at the Norton Museum of Art
- Accessible Art: Art and Nature in a Manufactured Era at UM and the impact of WWI on American culture at The Wolfsonian-FIU
- Bakehouse Art Complex introduces Wynwood Green & Art Market, the neighborhood's first farmers market
- Accessible Art: Mexican masterworks featuring Frida Kahlo at NSU Museum of Art and Tameka Norris' 'Recovery' at Emerson Dorsch
- Accessible Art: Chinese artist Xu Bing at Frost Art Museum and Life is Art's mixer for emerging artists and grant makers
- Art Review: Peter Marino ‘One Way’ at Miami Beach’s Bass Museum
- Accessible Art: MDC Museum of Art + Design’s Director’s Previews, Art/Tuesdays hosts 'Galleries Under Fire' panel discussion, and a street and urban art auction
- On view now: Group exhibitions at ICA Miami and Primary Projects
- Accessible Art: Federico Uribe talks business for breakfast and William Sweetlove's animal sculptures come to Miami Ironside
- Accessible Art: Knight Arts Challenge hosts kickoff at Gramps and works by Red Wolf pop up at Kelley Roy Gallery