Miami Spice Bikini Basketball Team banned from holding tryouts at public school
Edison Senior High says no to previously scheduled tryout
Tough first week for the Miami Spice of the Bikini Basketball Association!
The Spice, a founding member of the new professional women's hoops league, is left without a venue to hold tryouts after the Miami-Dade County Public Schools banned its presence from its campuses!
The franchise -- yes, the players will play hoops in bikinis -- announced that tryouts would take place Saturday, Sept. 29 at Miami Edison Senior High School on Miami's northwest side.
Now, team officials are scrambling to find another gym.
For more, click here.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'