Miami Spice Bikini Basketball Team banned from holding tryouts at public school
Edison Senior High says no to previously scheduled tryout
Tough first week for the Miami Spice of the Bikini Basketball Association!
The Spice, a founding member of the new professional women's hoops league, is left without a venue to hold tryouts after the Miami-Dade County Public Schools banned its presence from its campuses!
The franchise -- yes, the players will play hoops in bikinis -- announced that tryouts would take place Saturday, Sept. 29 at Miami Edison Senior High School on Miami's northwest side.
Now, team officials are scrambling to find another gym.
For more, click here.
On Our Radar
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV
- David Beckham's line of swimwear coming to H&M
- Miami natives premiering alien movie