Miami Spice Bikini Basketball Team banned from holding tryouts at public school
Edison Senior High says no to previously scheduled tryout
Tough first week for the Miami Spice of the Bikini Basketball Association!
The Spice, a founding member of the new professional women's hoops league, is left without a venue to hold tryouts after the Miami-Dade County Public Schools banned its presence from its campuses!
The franchise -- yes, the players will play hoops in bikinis -- announced that tryouts would take place Saturday, Sept. 29 at Miami Edison Senior High School on Miami's northwest side.
Now, team officials are scrambling to find another gym.
For more, click here.
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges