Miami Spice Bikini Basketball Team banned from holding tryouts at public school
Edison Senior High says no to previously scheduled tryout
Tough first week for the Miami Spice of the Bikini Basketball Association!
The Spice, a founding member of the new professional women's hoops league, is left without a venue to hold tryouts after the Miami-Dade County Public Schools banned its presence from its campuses!
The franchise -- yes, the players will play hoops in bikinis -- announced that tryouts would take place Saturday, Sept. 29 at Miami Edison Senior High School on Miami's northwest side.
Now, team officials are scrambling to find another gym.
For more, click here.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz