Miami Soul weekend guide: For those weekends when you just want a lounge experience
Some weekends you just want a spot where you can grab a cocktail, kick back and people watch, and listen to some live music. That's what this week's Miami Soul weekend guide is about.
Miami Soul - your ultimate source for places to go, people to see, and things to do in Black Miami. New name but same great content on the black social scene. Check out this week's weekend guide from Miami Soul.
The Bohemian Room Open Mic Poetry Night
Wednesday, July 30, 8PM - 12AM (every Wednesday) - Grand Central, 697 N Miami Ave, Miami
Ingrid B presents open mic and live music featuring Made Son, hosted by Lavie, and music by DJ Fly Guy. Cover $10. For info: TheBohemiaRoom.com
Thursday, July 31, 8PM - 12AM - Piano Hollywood at Seminole Hard Rock, 5805 Seminole Way, Ft. Lauderdale
B Side Entertainment presents a live music experience and dinner party featuring live music by Ed Raulz, Jr. Free with RSVP and $5 general admission. Two drink minimum per person. Free RSVP at eventbrite.com/e/the-soulcial-live-music-mixer-featuring-ed-raulz-tickets-12416826061
Friday, August 1, 7PM (every first Friday) - Historic Lyric Theater, 819 NW 2nd Ave, Overtown
Every month, the Black Archives and the Southeast Park West CRA presents a lively showcase of amateur acts at the World Famous Historic Lyric Theater for a chance to compete for a $500 prize. Hosted by local comedian Chello, enjoy live music by Jody Hill and the Deep Fried Funk Band. Doors open for a mix and mingle happy hour featuring a live DJ and a cash bar from 6pm - 7:20pm. Seating starts at 7:15pm. Tickets $10-$25 and can be purchased at lyriclive.eventbrite.com.
FLOW FRIDAYS Live Music & Poetry Dinner Party
Friday, August 1 (Every Friday), 8PM - 1AM - Piano Hollywood at Hard Rock, 5805 Seminole Way, Ft. Lauderdale
Presented by B Side Entertainment, enjoy open mic, dinner, and live music featuring international jazz saxophonist, Mike Phillips. Showtime at 9:30pm; kitchen closes at 10:30pm; 2 drink minimum per person. Admission $15 in advance. For info: onthebside.com
Friday, August 1, 11PM - 5AM - Club Fifty, 485 Brickell Ave
The new Friday night party powered by SV Marketing and Phil The Mayor host a special Hennessy mixtape release for DJ A Fly Guy.
Miami Life Day Party: Luau Edition
Saturday, August 2, 2PM - 11PM - Hotel Astor, 956 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
Majestic Group Events presents its weekly Saturday day party at a new location Complimentary admission before 4pm with RSVP at email@example.com. Music by DJ Don Hot and Jis Music. Dress code day party chic.
An Eclectic Evening of Soul
Saturday, August 2, 8PM - 1AM - Infujion Lounge, 7780 NW 44th St, Sunrise
Enjoy live music and a professional atmosphere at the newest black-owned business. Drink specials and appetizers. $15 admission. Purchase tickets online: eventbrite.com/e/an-evening-of-soul-tickets-11992131789
Saturday, August 2, 10PM - 4AM (every Saturday) - The Polo Club, 5590 Hallandale Beach Blvd, Hallandale
Good Vibez Entertainment presents a monthly Saturday night party for the 25+ crowd. Ladies free till 1am and drink free till 12am.
The Session: Live Music Open Mic Night
Tuesday, August 5, 8PM - 11pm (every Tuesday) - Piano at Seminole Hard Rock, 5805 Seminole Way, Hollywood
Hosted by Ingrid B, enjoy live music and open mic for singers and musicians. Complimentary admission with RSVP; $5 general admission. 2-4-1 cocktails 7pm - 9pm; open mic 9:30pm - 11:30pm. Singers and musicians can sign up at the door for open mic.
- Miami Soul: Part 3 - Ultimate Miami Art Week Exhibit, Party, and Event Guide
- Miami Soul 4th Annual Ultimate Soul Basel Guide - Part 2: Parties and Event Guide
- Miami Soul 4th Annual Ultimate Soul Basel Guide - Part 1: Black exhibits to check out during Miami Art Week 2016
- Miami Soul Thanksgiving Edition: Jazz at MOCA, Lloyd performing live, Grits and Soul Brunch Series, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Afrikin Fest, NiteCap NEXT, Simply Wordz Spoken Word Dinner Party, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Jill Scott’s Words & Sounds, Slick Rick live, Uptown Avenue 7 Art Bazaar, and more
- Miami Soul: Election Night watch parties to check out
- Miami Gardens Wine & Food Experience returns with celebrity Chefs G. Garvin & Marcus Samuelsson
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Day la Soul 90's Jam, Girl Power Gospel Brunch, Big Night in Little Haiti and more
- Miami Soul Halloween Weekend Going Out Guide