Miami Soul weekend guide: Rakim performing live, Jamaica Independance party and more
Whether you're looking for a good happy hour, a dance party where you sweat your hair out, or want to kick it with a Hip Hop legend, this week's Miami Soul weekend guide has you covered.
SocialXchange Happy Hour
Friday, August 8, 6:30PM - 11PM - TSL Lounge, 167 NW 23rd St, Miami
SocialXchange returns for another edition of its famous happy hour with a $20 open bar from 6:30pm - 8:30pm, hookah for $25, and food and drink specials throughout the night. Music by A Fly Guy.
Friday, August 8, 9PM - 3AM - Grand Central, 697 N Miami Ave, Miami
Beats & Rhymes Life Party presents hip-hop legend Rakim live for a legendary performance with music by DJ Heron and DJ Klassik. General admission $25 and tickets can be purchased at wantickets.com/the18thletter
Annual Jamaica Independence Street Dance
Saturday, August 9, 8PM - 3AM - Cafe 27, 4690 US Hwy 27, Weston
Can't make it to Jamaica ATI this year? No worries...you can get as close to the ATI experience as possible at this annual street dance event featuring music by King Waggy T, Medusa DJs and DJ Dre. Tickets $10.
16th Annual Afro Roots World Music Festival
Saturday, August 9, 8PM - 7th Circuit Studios, 228 NE 59th St, Miami
Love world music? Celebrate African music and culture at this annual festival featuring a lineup of local, regional and international acts including headliners Suénalo (Miami), The Resolvers (Deerfield Beach), Morikeba Kouyate (Senegal), the Miami Street Band (Miami), EPHNIKO (Colombia), Tomas Diaz (Cuba), DJ Le Spam (Montreal / Miami) and hosted by Lance-O of Kulcha Shok (Miami). Advance tickets are $10 and can be purchased online at www.afrorootsfest.brownpapertickets.com; admission is $15 on the day of show.
Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce Mingler with New President
Monday, August 11, 6PM - 9PM - MOCA Cafe, 738 NE 125th St, North Miami
Attend a networking event and mingler hosted by the Miami-Dade Chamber’s new President & CEO, Eric Knowles. Free admission. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more
- Natural History Museum of Jamaica & Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Host VIP Reception
- Miami Soul weekend guide: American Friends of Jamaica Charity Gala, Miami Under 40, Flow Fridays & more
- Miami Soul giveaway: 25 Pairs of Passes to Experience INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3
- Miami Soul weekend music guide: Erica Campbell, Shirley Murdock, Sunshine Anderson, African Disco, and more
- Miami Soul: Perez Art Museum Miami Hosts Reception for the Fund for African-American Art
- The Mane Event: Indique Hair Miami Boutique Grand Opening
- Miami Soul Easter Weekend Guide
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, Florida Derby fancy hat brunch, Spoken Soul, and more
- Miami Soul: Pre-Jazz in the Gardens weekend guide