Miami Soul weekend guide: Biz Markie live, 4th of July pool parties, Live music events, First Fridays, and more
Haven't made your 4th of July weekend plans yet? Here's some help. Rain or shine the party must still go on.
Biz Markie live
Thursday, July 3, 10PM - 12AM - Blackbird Ordinary, 729 SW 1st Ave, Miami
He’s got what you need! Biz Markie is performing live…and it’s free. Music by DJ Contra.
The Soulcial Live Music Mixer
Thursday, July 3, 8PM - Piano Hollywood at Seminole Hard Rock, 5805 Seminole Way, Ft. Lauderdale
Ingrid B hosts the weekly live music event. This week features music by Lavie, Cristyle Renae, and Courtney Mickens. Complimentary admission with RSVP. $5 general admission, two drink minimum per person. RSVP: eventbrite.com/e/the-soulcial-live-music-mixer-featuring-lavie-cristyle-renae-courtney-mickens-tickets-12037134393?
Reserv at Fifty
Every Friday, 10PM - 5AM - Fifty at Viceroy Hotel, 485 Brickell Ave
SV Marketing and Phil the Mayor present a hot and sexy brand new Friday night party with music by super Miami DJs Fly Guy and DJ Top Feelin. It’s called “Reserv”…for the fly and sexy.
FLOW FRIDAYS Live Music & Poetry Dinner Party
Every Friday, 8PM - 1AM - Piano Hollywood at Seminole Hard Rock, 5805 Seminole Way, Ft. Lauderdale
Presented by B Side Entertainment, enjoy live music and open mic. $10 cover with ladies $5 before 9PM.
Friday, July 4, 7PM (every first Friday) - Historic Lyric Theater, 819 NW 2nd Ave, Overtown
Every month, the Black Archives and the Southeast Park West CRA presents a lively showcase of amateur acts at the World Famous Historic Lyric Theater for a chance to compete for a $500 prize. Hosted by local comedian Chello, enjoy live music by Jody Hill and the Deep Fried Funk Band. Doors open for a mix and mingle happy hour featuring a live DJ and a cash bar from 6pm - 7:20pm. Seating starts at 7:15pm. Tickets $10-$25 and can be purchased at lyriclive.eventbrite.com.
First Fridays Revolution
Friday, July 4, 10PM - 4AM - Grand Palms Resort, 110 Grand Palms Dr, Pembroke Pines
South Florida’s monthly party featuring the best in reggae, Soca, and hip-hop with music by DJs Radcliffe. Admission: $15 in advance and can be purchased online at eventbrite.com/e/first-fridays-revolution-tickets-12031012081.
Ginuwine Live at First Fridays Miami
Friday, July 4, Doors open 9PM - Calder Casino, 21001 NW 27 Ave, Miami Gardens
The monthly First Fridays events presents a live performance by Ginuwine. Tickets $20 in advance.
VUE Fourth of July Pool Party
Saturday, July 5, 2PM - 9PM - Club 50 at Viceroy Hotel, 485 Brickell Ave
SV Marketing Group presents a sexy 4th of July pool party 50 stories up with the most breathtaking view of the Miami skyline. Pool attire, 21+ to enjoy.
Miami Life Pool Party
Saturday, July 5, 2PM - 11PM - Finnegan’s River, 401 SW 3rd Ave, Miami
Come by boat, jet ski, or land to this 4th of July pool party presented by Majestic Group Events. Complimentary admission before 4pm with RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org. Music by DJ Top Feelin.
- Miami Soul Going Out Guide: Our Family Dinner, The Color Purple stage play, Redman & Talib Kweli live, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Women's Innovation Brunch, Carib Film Fest, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Luncheon, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Miami African Fashion Week, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Techies, Innovators Converge in Miami for Black Tech Week February 23 - 28
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 9 Mile Music Festival, Jazz & Love Concert, Purvis Young Opening Reception, and more
- Miami Soul: Black History Month 2015 Celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Super Bowl weekend fun
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Black Coffee Africa Party, Miami Soul Sessions, Mellow Dramatic Mondays, and more
- Miami Soul Travel Series: Island Hopping in the Amazing Greece
- Miami Soul: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. service events and celebrations around South Florida