Miami Soul on the Scene: Femme Who Dine Dinner with 25 of South Florida's fabulous women
Girl power was fully charged at the ultra chic Femme Who Dine dinner celebrating 25 of South Florida's professional women making a mark in their industry.
Miami Soul - your ultimate source for places to go, people to see, and things to do in Black Miami. New name but same great content on the black social scene.
When women get together - that is, influential, progressive, and entrepreneurial women - things begin to happen, movements are created, and girl power is to the tenth degree. That was the case with the Femme Who Dine dinner that I was invited to on May 29th at the chic rooftop of the Breakwater Hotel on South Beach. The ladies behind the uber fabulous and super chic event - Qiana Aviles of Nail Lounge (@naillounge) and Geraldine Sanon and Jessica Williamson of A La Mode Boutique (@shop_alamode) - thought it would make perfect sense to gather 25 of South Florida’s fabulous women on their way to making Herstory. Among the ladies honored included Constance Jones from Local 10, Dawn Dickson from Flat Out of Heels, Elizabeth Marte from Fashion Climaxx, Adrianna Hopkins from WSVN 7, Felisha Monet from 99 Jamz, and Jessica Anderson of Miami Fashion Network
The first "Femme Who Dine” dinner was hosted by Qiana Aviles in New York for Women's History Month and was created to honor and connect professional women making an impact in their profession and in their communities. “I wanted an opportunity to feature amazing women that had gone unnoticed and honor them for making active efforts in their community,” shares Quiana.
The event was coordinated by Miami Based event planning company Inimitable Events with desserts and sweet treats compliments of Deja Vu Sweets and The Buttercreamery. Guests enjoyed a three-course meal prepared by celebrity chefs JR and Suddon of Kitchen Cray while cellist Guy Michel and singers Amber Monqiue and Eddie B serenaded the ladies. Event sponsors included Exclusiv Vodka, Got Smiles Photobooth, and J.A.S.M Luxury Brand.
Jessica Williamson (A La Mode Boutique), Constance Jones (Local 10), Geraldine Sanon (A La Mode Boutique), Qiana Aviles (Nail Lounge)
Contance Jones, Felisha Monet, Adrianna Hopkins
Jessica Anderson of Miami Fashion Network and Dawn Dickson of Flat Out of Heels
Cello player Guy Michel
- 7 Haitian Heritage Month events and festivities not to miss in May
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Divine 9 Greek Picnic, Cigars & Cocktails Mixer, and more
- Jason Derulo, Alabama Shakes, Megan Trainor, The Roots and more headline SunFest 2016
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Big Night in Little Haiti Finale, The Jam Day Party, Rakim live and more
- Game On: Polo and Champagne Brunch at the International Polo Club
- Miami Soul: Top 7 Moments at the 2016 Jazz in the Gardens
- Miami Soul Pre-Jazz Weekend Guide: Cigars & Stilettos party, Jazz Festival Brunch, Social with the Nupes
- Miami Soul: Charlie Wilson headlines Jazz in the Gardens, Women's Impact Conference celebrates Girl Power
- Miami Soul: 5 Things to Look Forward to at the 11th Annual Jazz in the Gardens
- Overture to Overtown Annual Jazz Festival