Miami Skin Institute
When it comes to combating the signs of aging, those in the know head here
Miami Skin Institute
444 Brickell Avenue, Suite 403, Miami
The lowdown: Leave it to Miami’s IT crowd to locate the legendary Fountain of Youth. When it comes to combating the signs of aging, those in the know make a beeline for Dr. Manjula Jegasothy’s Miami Skin Institute. Juan Ponce de León would be proud.
Known as "Dr. J," this Sri Lanka-born, zippy and brainy (Harvard and Yale educated!) dermatologist has a Brickell Avenue-based boutique practice that is the well-kept secret of socialites. “We specialize in solving skin issues from sagging skin to sunspots to scars, all with a non-surgical, gentle touch,” Doctor Jegasothy says.
The ‘hood: Nestled on the fourth floor of the Capital Grille building on Brickell Avenue, Miami Skin Institute is a hop-skip-and-jump-away from Miami’s Financial District.
The vibe: Not an omnipresent oversized chandelier or all-white palette in sight (phew). “Our office style is modern without being ostentatious,” Doctor Jegasothy says. Black leather seating, teal tones and marble floors suggest this place is all business — no need for frills, just dermal fills.
The highlights: Nimble with the needle, Dr. J is acclaimed for her age-defying and eyebrow-lifting Botox injections (starting at $200 an area). “The key to fabulous skin for all ages and skin types is light chemical peels (starting at $90 an area) done at least one to two times a tear. We can tailor the ingredients to suit any skin type and over time, they can eliminate fine lines and reduce pore size,” she says.
The sweet deal: Mention this article and new patients get a 10 percent discount off a Dysport treatment. Expires June 1, 2011.
- The Hub Stores Brings European Glamour to the 305
- Meet Designer Rachel Roy at Macy's Dadeland
- Fashion Week Comes to Coral Gables
- Miami-based Company DryZzz Makes Beauty Sleep Simple
- Fashion Shows kick off Miami Beach Centennial Celebration
- Interview with #RICHKIDS of Beverly Hills' Roxy Sowlaty
- New York Fashion Week’s Beauty Trends Fit Miami’s Lifestyle
- Meet RHONY Heather Thomson
- What to Wear at The World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship
- Tease to Get Toned