Eat, drink & hop on the SBWFF bandwagon at one of these satellite events…
- The Fontainebleau’s Wine Wednesdays beckon this week three featured Melka Wines. Nosh on cheese & light bites at Gotham while sipping Melka’s Nappy Valley Metisse, Knights Valley Metisse and Melka CJ. $25 per person, $40 per couple. RSVP at 305-674-4780.
- Pinot Noir takes center stage at Blade’s Wine Paring Dinner Thursday night. Hosted by winemakers Tim Perr, Brian Loring & Andrew Vingiello and hef Sean O’Connell, the four-course feast features the likes of blue fin tuna tartar, butter poached foie gras ravioli and,warn green cardamom spiced pumpkin cheesecake. $90 per person, call 305-674-4690 for reservations and info.
- Sustainable seafood gets top billing at Area 31’s Fish & Wine Dinner Thursday. Dig into four courses of locally sourced goodies, including seared Key West yellowtail snapper and house smoked local kingfish croquetters. Extra bonus – arrive at 7 (seating is at 8:30) and feast on paella, crudos and cured fish exhibition stations while supping beer, sake & cocktails. $175, call 305-424-5234 for info and reservations.
- Get your “rubbin,” “smoking” and “drinkin” on Thursday from 8pm-2am as Q American Barbeque opens in the Design District. Restaurateur Jonathan Eismann (Pacific Time, Pizza Volante) is bringing ribs, shots & beer aplenty to the table as the Cat Daddies serenade opening night. Free! Call 305-BARBEQUE for info.
- Winemaker Paul Dolan is teaming up with chef Giancarla Bodoni (Escopazzo) to host a five-course wine paired feast at Escopazzo Thursday night. Sip organic and biodynamic wines while feasting on Bodoni’s organic cuisine. The evening is billed as an “intimate journey.” $69 per person and reservations are required, call 305-674-9450.
- Talula challenges your tastebuds Friday, Saturday & Sunday night with a seven-course offal tasting menu. And by offal we mean such animal parts as beef hearts, pig ears and tripe. The icing on the cake? Foie gras donuts. $78 per person, call 305-672-0778 for reservations and info.
- Brave the crack of dawn (and the inevitable hangover) and head to the Lowes Friday morning at 6am for the annual Paul & Young Ron Cookoff. The radio DJs (105.9) will be cooking up mystery meat dishes – come hungry anyway as Lowes will be serving a continental breakfast.
- Celebrate the Festival without spending a dime as the Shore Club invites revelers to mix and mingle with celeb chef and Mondrian SoHo executive chef Sam Talbot & master mixologist John Lermayer Friday, Feb 26 at 8:30pm. A few choice words to entice: free fish tacos and complimentary cocktails. Free, but rsvp required, email firstname.lastname@example.org.