Whether you’re expecting company or need to replenish your personal cheese stash, here are five of our favorite fromage shops to pick up everything from the creamy to the stinky:
1. Mozzarita: Italian-born Vito Volpe’s fresh mozzarella is simply outstanding.
5392 NE 13th Way, Pompano Beach; mozzarita.com.
2. Epicure Market: The new location stocks an impressive selection of imports.
4711 Le Jeune Rd., Coral Gables, and other locations; epicuremarket.com.
3. The Cheese Course: For an in-depth cheese experience, including many options from U.S. artisan creameries.
3451 NE First Ave., Miami, and other locations; thecheesecourse.com.
4. Gardner’s Market: Extensive array of cheeses at reasonable prices.
3117 Bird Ave., Coconut Grove; gardnersgrove.com.
5. Norman Brothers Produce: The family-owned staple is a go-to for aged cheeses as well as fresh produce.
7621 SW 87th Ave., Miami; normanbrothers.com.