Mid June means beer tastings, lobster specials, interactive BBQ & more…
- Get your grill on Tuesday, June 15 as Kitchen 305 hosts an interactive dinner with pit master John Rivers (of 4R Smokehouse). Invest $25 and enjoy a three-course feast. Call 305-949-1300 for info and reservations.
- On Wednesday, June 16 restaurateur Nino Pernetti introduces Caffe Abbracci’s new monthly wine pairing event “An Evening with Nino.” Invest $60 and spend the evening with Penetti and wine expert Patrick Sullivan. This month’s four-course feast features medallions of Maine lobster, beef tortellini, rack of lamb and a napolean. The fun continues the first Wednesday of every month. Call 305-441-0700 for info and reservations.
- Also on Wednesday AltaMare launches pourings and pairings and hosts its first wine pairing of the summer. The five-course wine-paired feast includes menu highlights like hog fish carpaccio and golden crab ravioli. $65, limited to 20 people, call 305-532-3061 for info & reservations.
- Remy Martin, cognac and Brazilian bites come together as Texas de Brazil hosts a four-course paired menu on Wednesday, June 16 at 7pm. Menu highlights include salmon tartare paired with frozen Remy Martin VSOP and churrasco of tenderloin paried with Bearboat Syrah. $125 per person, call 305-695-7702 for info and reservations.
- $19 lobster arrives in the Gables June 17 as Gaetano Ristorante launches its weekly Thursday night lobster special. The lobster arrives baked and atop Italian linguine or spaghetti. Call 786-422-6796 for info and reservations.
- Head to Spire Bar @ The Hotel on SoBe Thursday, June 17 for cocktails & canapés. The South Florida chapter of theAmerican Institute of Wine & Food is partnering with the hotel for the event, which features a special menu of small plates, signature cocktails and wine pairings. $45 for AWIF members, $55 for non-members, call 954-396-3875 or 305-663-9641 for info or tickets. Or visit aiwf.org/southflorida
- Alternately, head to Fort Lauderdale Friday for a beer tasting at Morton’s Fort Lauderdale. Dogfish Head Craft Brewery will present four brews, each paired with Morton’s classics like petite fillet mignon sandwiches and tuna tartare canapés. $45 per person, a portion of proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation. Call 954-467-9720 for info and reservations.