South Beach Wine & Food Festival satellite events – where else to eat & drink this weekend
- Area 31 presents “Best of the Best Dish” Feb 18-24. Chef Reidt will be serving the dish he’s preparing at “Best of the Best” this year during dinner service. Feast on seared scallops with char sui pork cheeks ($28) as well as specialty dishes like cinnamon skewered paiche, sous vide duck breast and coconut oil poached Florida lobster. A five-course $60 tasting menu benefitting Common Threads is also available. 270 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-424-5324
- The Forge hosts a Joseph Phelps Vineyards wine dinner Feb 23. Invest $195 per person and enjoy a multi-course, wine-paired feast featuring lobster fondue, savory black sesame doughnuts, oak grilled Wagyu rib eye and pan seared pumpkin swordfish. Dinner begins at 7pm. 432 41 St, Miami Beach; 305-538-8533.
- Lantao presents Q at the Pool Feb 21-23. From 4 to 8 pm, enjoy a poolside party featuring a la carte Korean BBQ, craft beers & cocktails. 1717 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-604-1800
- The James Royal Palm hosts a “Let’s Get Spiked” celebrity chef volleyball tournament Friday, Feb 22. From 12 to 2 pm, Kris Wessel (Florida Cookery) and Top Chef alum Spike Mendelsohn will host the tournament featuring 14 other chefs, including Alex Guarnaschelli, Andrew Zimmern, Tim Love, Pat LaFrieda & Adrianne Calvo. On Saturday, Feb 23, the James Royal Palm is partnering with Chef Art Smith (Washington DC’s Art & Soul) and New York’s Big Gay Ice Cream Truck to host the “Big Gay Ice Cream Social.” The event is designed to raise awareness for marriage equality in Florida and will feature a mix of ice cream-themed stations. 1 to 4 p.m. 1545 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
- Toscana Divino presents a four-course Florentine dinner featuring cured Italian meats, pasta e risotto and a 42oz porterhouse steak. $80 per person. Additional $35 per person for wine pairing. 900 S Miami Ave, Miami; 305-371-2767
- Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, owner of The Lambs Club and The National in NYC, is hosting his new Sirius XM radio show, Food Talk Friday at 3pm at the James Royal Palm. Guests include Lee Schrager, Bobby Flay and Andrew Zimmerman.
- STK is hosting an after-party Friday. From 11apm-2am enjoy light bites, DJ EFx and complimentary drinks courtesy of Pernod Ricard and Southern Wine and Spirits. 2377 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
- Oak Tavern presents a “Due South” beer dinner Thursday. Feast on five beer-paired courses, including pretzel crusted calamari, baked mac & cheese, house-made IPA braised brats and wild boar ragu. $45 per person. 35 NE 40 St, Miami; 786-391-1818