The 11th annual South Beach Wine & Food Festival rolls into town Thursday, Feb 23, brining thousands of pounds of beef, gallons of alcohol & excuses to party. But, good news – the fun extends beyond the Festival events (many of which are sold out). Get your foodie fix at one of these satellite events…
Wednesday, Feb 23
- Michael Schwartz welcomes Marc Vetri (Philadelphia’s Vetri) to Harry’s Pizzeria for the third in Schwartz’s chef pop up series. Feast on a welcome cocktail, wine, beer and four courses featuring old school meatballs, veal cannelloni, roasted lamb shoulder and tuna tagliata. Go hom with a full stomach and a signed copy of Vetri’s new cookbook, Rustic Italian Food. $160 per person, purchase tickets online. 3918 N Miami Ave, Miami; 786-275-4963
- “Risotto connoisseur” Gabriele Ferron arrives at TiramesU (721 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach) Feb 22 and Salumeria 104 (3451 NE 1 Ave, Miami) Feb 23 to dish out gratis tastings of authentic risotto paired with Winebow wines. Enjoy a cooking demo then eat & drink – free, but available on a first-come, first served basis, RSVP at email@example.com. Events begin at 6pm, demo starts at 6:30pm.
- The Ritz-Carlton South Beach brings Burger Bash to the masses via its three-day Burgers on the Boardwalk event starting Feb. 18. Feb 23 features a suckling pig taco bar ($28), Feb 24 Chef Andrew Balick’s lamb Burger Bash entry ($18) and Feb 25 an all-you-can-eat crab boil ($28). All events occur oceanfront at the DiLido Beach Club. 1 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 786-276-4000
Friday, Feb 24
- Juan Chipoco & Cvi.Che 105 are hosting Downtown Miami’s “largest red carpet celebration” in honor of the restaurant’s anniversary and the unveiling of its new lounge. Enjoy complimentary cocktails & hors d’oeuvres from 7-11pm. By invitation only, but get on the Miami.com List Here. Cvi.Che 105: 105 NE 3 Ave, Miami; 305-577-3454
- The Miami Wine & Spirits Expo brings cooking demos, seminars & tastings galore to the Miami Beach Convention Center Friday through Monday (Fen 24-27). Designed to showcase local talent, the event features personalities like Qzina pastry chef Michel Chiche and St. Regis Hotel sommelier Sebastien Verrier. Tastings range from $25-$40, entry to the Expo is $75 per day (or $120 for two days). Click here for tickets & additional info.
- The Shelborne goes “off the hook” with its first annual fish fry at Lucy’s Cantina Royale. Feast on fried fish three ways (classic American, California Baja and traditional Japanese) and rock out to a live band. $9 for a taste of each dish, includes a free Peroni from 9-10pm. 1801 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; RSVP to Shelbornefishfry@meninhotels.com
Saturday, Feb 25
- Sean Brock (Husk & McCrady’s in Charleston) joins with the Yardbird team to offer up A Southern Revival: The “ultimate Southern menu.” The 1800’s themed dinner will feature deviled eggs topped with caviar, country ham, fried Yardbird with Carolina gold waffles and Charleston-style frogmore stew with three-year-old aged Charleston gold rice. 8pm; 305-538-5220; $375 regular seating, $475 VIP seating (includes bourbon flight), proceeds benefit Southern Foodways Alliance
- Author and Top Chef personality Gail Simmons celebrates her new book Talking with My Mouth Full at La Cote at the Fontainebleau. La Cote: 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach. By invitation only.