Oolite Restaurant and Bar, which earned a 3.5-star review this summer for chef-owner Kris Wessel’s regional, gluten-free cooking, is set to incorporate several vegan and vegetarian dishes into its menu.
To showcase some of the new items, Wessel has partnered with Conscious Bite Out for a Dec. 11 vegan dinner at Oolite (1661 Pennsylvania Ave.) served with biodynamic wines.
1. Spicy, grilled Florida eggplant and sesame-wrapped Malabar spinach; crispy green tomato with tostone, salsa and lemon emulsion.
2. Gold tomato and callalo arepa with poached leek crema.
3. Chanterelle mushrooms, toasted almonds, rehydrated cranberries and boniato cubes with Spanish sherry-thyme vinaigrette.
4. Red-rice-stuffed and baked cho cho blanco with black bean guajillo sauce or vegetable lasagnetta with calabaza squash, red kaniwa, spinach, asparagus, malanga with spicy tomato broth and Trinidad curry roti bread.
5. Persimmon flan and crispy caramel tuile; gluten-free chocolate and spice cookies.
All-inclusive tickets are $125.