Miami’s La Camaronera in Little Havana ranks 9th on the Daily Meal’s new list of the 35 Best Burritos in America. It was the only Florida restaurant to make the list.
Surveyors gave the seafood house’s La Camaronera Burrito a nod. It’s a grande tortilla filled with “shrimp and corvina in a seafood sauce topped with a house tomato sauce and melted cheese,” as described by Miami comfort-food blogger Burger Beast in a 2011 post on La Camaronera.
The full top 10:
1. La Azteca Tortilleria, Los Angeles: Chile Relleno Burrito
2. La Taqueria, San Francisco: Carnitas
3. The Shed, Santa Fe, N.M.: Green Chile Burrito
4. Papalote Mexican Grill, San Francisco: Carne Asada
5. L’Patron, Chicago: Carne Asada
6. Gordo Taqueria, Albany, Calif.: Carnitas
7. La Tapatia, San Francisco: Al Pastor
8. King Burrito, Portland, Ore.: King Burrito
9. La Camaronera, Miami: Camaronera Burrito
10. Dos Toros Taqueria, New York: Carnitas