Eat & drink your way through Halloween 2011…
- Area 31 is hosting a Dia de los Muertos party featuring Formula 31 cocktails (Don Julio, cilantro, fresh agave, house-made lime syrup, chile-lime garnish), $5 premium well drinks, $5 drafts and $6 bar bites. The fiesta runs Oct 31 from 6-11pm, speciality cocktails and an extended happy hour also available on Oct 28.
- Bizcaya at the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove is treating families to a “Transylvania-inspired” Sunday brunch featuring carved to order prime meats, shellfish and a special “little Munsters” area. Sunday, Oct 30, 12-3pm. $65 per adult, $25 per child under 12, includes complementary champagne & valet parking. 3300 SW 17 Ave, Coconut Grove; 305-644-4675.
- Joey’s Italian Café kick-starts the fun on Sat (Oct 29) with a live performance by neo-folk act Raffa & Rainer and a host of Halloween specials like burrata with pumpkin and balsamic onion, beef tenderloin with porcini and pumpkin sauce served with potato puree and a pumpkin bavarese with strawberry sauce and pistachio ice cream. 2506 NW 2 Ave, Wynwood; 305-438-0488.
- Invest $75 at Meat Market on Oct 31 and enjoy a three-course feast and prime views of Lincoln Rd holiday happenings. Menu highlights include lobster bisque with roasted pumpkin and lobster, Kobe basted filet and pumpkin cupcakes with pumpkin cream cheese frosting. Wash it down with a glass of Witches Brew (Appleton rum, fresh lemon, agave nectar and root beer) or Black Sangria (Malbec wine and Stolichnaya blended with black fruits, citrus and agave). 915 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-532-0088.
- In other Lincoln Rd options, Quattro Gastronomia Italiana is wooing celebrants with a four-course feast for $65 per person inside or $85 per person outside. Menu highlights include mini arancini with ham and porcini, carpaccio di manzo, pumpkin gnocchi and pumpkin and pecan pies. 1014 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-531-4833.
- RA Sushi South Miami is hosting a boo bash from 8 to close on Oct 31. Come “dressed to impress” and feast on voodoo crispy chicken, vampire shrirmp, manic mango & sinners sangria and Satan’s elixer. 5829 SW 73 St, South Miami; 305-341-0092
- Talavera Cocina Mexicana is celebrating Dia de Los Muertos from Oct 29 through Nov 5 with an authentic shrine devoted to Mexican painter Frida Kahlo. Guests wil enjoy Kahlo’s favorite food and drinks throughout the week, including stuffed poblano peppers with shrimp, cactus and guajillo sauce, and the Corazon de Kahlo, tequila with pineapple and cilantro. 2299 Ponce de Leon, Coral Gables; 305-444-2955.
- Wynwood Kitchen & Bar woos with signature artist cocktails (the Clare Yogas, the Shepard Fairey) and Latino-inspired global small plates like chicken ropa vieja empanandas and pork tenderloin with apple jicama slaw and shallot gravy. 2255 NW 2 Ave, Wynwoord; 305-722-8959.