The 2013 South Beach Wine & Food Festival announced its lineup today – and it’s good news for foodies everywhere. Scheduled for Feb 21-24, the three-day fiesta is loaded with new events and returning favorites. Some highlights to look out for…
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi: A film screening & Q&A hosted by Anthony Bourdain followed by a sushi & sake reception with Katsuya Uechi
- Garden to Glass: Bar Lab mixologists, Emeril and Sam Gorenstein (My Ceviche) stock the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens with “innovative spirits and soulful seafood”
- Celebrity chef golf tournament: Eat, drink & golf your way through the links at Turnberry with José Andrés. Each foursome will be paired with a chef, winemaker or spirit producer
- Discover Ceviche & Pisco Sour: Peruvian chef Gastón Acurio’s & Laurent Tourondel take over the rooftop of The Betsy Hotel
- Chicken Coupe: Andrew Carmellini (The Dutch) coats the W South with fried chicken & champagne
- Taste & Toast with Target: Cuban-themed music, bites, cocktails and dancing arrive at the Ritz SoBe
Chefs on Centerstage:
- NIGELLISIMA: Nigella Lawson hosts an “intimate” sit-down dinner on the deck of the W South Beach and peppers the menu with Italian eats and stories of her life in Florence and work as a chambermaid.
- Carnivorous Dinner: Three-time Burger Bash champion Michael Symon shares steaks, red wine & stories at Red.
- Nobu’s Vegetarian Dinner: Nobu Matsuhisa, this year’s Festival honoree, will prep an “intimate,” wine-paired vegetarian dinner” at the Shore Club
- Barilla Interactive Dinner with Robert Irvine: Robert Irvine takes over the Biltmore Hotel for an interactive, wine-paired dinner
- The Q: Paula Deen and Sons team up with Moët Hennessy for BBQ & bubbly
- Burger Bash: Beer, burgers & live music – the Festival at its best
- Dolce Brunch hosted by Daniel Boulud
- Swine & Wine: Michelle Bernstein heads to the Biltmore for a pork bonanza
- Grand Tasting Village: Over 40 restaurants and 80 wine, spirits and non-alcoholic beverage suppliers meet the SoBe sand
- Festival Closing Party: Guy Fieri & Ziggy Marley will stock the Ritz SoBe with Jamaican music, party food and specialty products
Ticket sales start Monday, Oct 22 – MasterCard users can get in on presale action Oct 8-21. Let the eating begin!